Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bikes batt dies and other rider would not help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bikes batt dies and other rider would not help.

Push starting a bike can take like 30 seconds. But the thing is you can push start it alone also.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned

Sounds like the typical gixxer ***** to me. I know its not the bike that makes the bikers attitude, but wtf. It just seems to be that most guys on gixxers to me have a holier than thou attitude. He had his girlfriend to watch the kids and it would of only taken him a second to help. Karma is a strange thing. He will have his day.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

if it matters any he was white and had a new gxr.
So, he was a ***** because.............

1. He was white?
2. He had kids in the car that he didn't want to leave unattended.
3. He had a GSX-R in the back of the truck.

??????????

He obviously didn't want to leave his kids unattended to help out some other kid push start his bike. I don't believe he deserved to be called "bitch" in your head, nor have a racist remark made about him. If I had kids in the car, I would have declined to help as well.........not because I was a *****, or white, or had a GSX-R in the back.

But I would look into this for your problem..........

Maybe the way you wired your HID's caused premature battery/charing system failure. Like I said, you CANNOT splice high-voltage silicone wiring. If they could have used regular primary wire to do the job, they would have. But they used silicone wiring instead, which means that with you splicing in regular primary wire to extend the silicone wires, you probably put a lot of resistance/overload or both on the battery/charging system and caused something to prematurely fail.
I knew I should have read the entire thread before logging in just to post what you just posted. Nice post.

And the girlfriend being in the truck...yada yada ya thing does not make a difference.

I have pulled to the side of the highway to help a stranded cyclist, but I didn't have my kids with me, nor a mighty muscled girlfriend to guard my life.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:25 PM

To push start a bike, you put it in second?

Old 11-24-2007, 11:38 PM

Put it in 2nd, hold down the starter, pull in the clutch, start pushing and getting to like 8-10mph, then let go of the clutch and it will come right on.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:14 AM

do you have to pull the clutch back in to keep it from stalling after it starts? i have only had to do it once on my bike, and had someone else do it because i could seem to get it to work (he was bigger then me so we figured he would have more momentum and better traction) later i wondered if i wasnt doing it right, i have only done it to cars and i was always on a pretty good hill when i did it.

the guy in the truck was a dick or mabey he realy had some where to be. even if he wasnt a biker he should have helped, its just the right thing to do that people seem to have forgotten., i would chalk it up to living in cali part, not the white guy gsxr part. although it could have been a combo.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regardless, if he didn't want to help out, he didn't have to. That doesn't make him a *****. If he said to f**k off, then yes, ***** indeed. But it sounds like he politely said that he couldn't. Sure, he had his wife and kids in the car.......even MORE reason I wouldn't jump out and help. He didn't know you, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

And honestly, to all who is calling him a ***** for having a GSX-R.........if he had a CBR in the back, would that make him any less of a *****?

And James, I strongly suggest reinstalling your HID system. Batteries on a bike as new as yours shouldn't just fail that quickly unless something was causing awkward amounts of stress or resistance to it. I have been researching the silicone wires that are used from the HID ballasts to the bulbs and you CANNOT splice them with regular primary wire. It causes a resistance that will damage your electrical system. Hopefully it only damaged your battery and not your charging system or other electrics.

So with that being said, I would take out your HID system and replace it with a new one that hasn't been spliced. Or just take them out altogether and throw the stock bulbs back in until you get a new HID kit, or your new battery could possibly fail like your stock one did.

That's my two cents on the matter anyway.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:37 AM

u know what else i forgot to say. he did not know i had a cbr. he could not see it.

anyways its over now. i am ganna get me a charger first then if i dont work a new battery, but other than that the bike runs perrrrrty. i think it is that battery. i dont think u guys remember but a long time ago i posted that my clock on the bike would always reset. before when nothing was installed yet. that alwasy happen when i was starting the bike. i think them bitches gave me a bad battery now that i remmber. goddam *****. now it makes sence. u guys told me to take it back but i did not. cuz i was lazy.

foxy i know that about the wires, thats y i did something diffrent, they would not make them out of silicon for a reson, thanks for the info anyways.
and if batt dont fail the quicky how come people are posting that there batts have faild quicky too??

Old 11-25-2007, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

do you have to pull the clutch back in to keep it from stalling after it starts? i have only had to do it once on my bike, and had someone else do it because i could seem to get it to work (he was bigger then me so we figured he would have more momentum and better traction) later i wondered if i wasnt doing it right, i have only done it to cars and i was always on a pretty good hill when i did it.

the guy in the truck was a dick or mabey he realy had some where to be. even if he wasnt a biker he should have helped, its just the right thing to do that people seem to have forgotten., i would chalk it up to living in cali part, not the white guy gsxr part. although it could have been a combo.
You dont have the let the clutch back in. You can idle it in second but the bike will keep moving.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:50 PM

I've stopped to help people out before and it has on occasion turned out to be a major pain in the *** because one thing can lead to another and once you start to help its pretty tough to then leave.

If I get good vibes from someone, I'll help 'em out. If not, I don't. Frankly, I couldn't care less if they think I'm a *****. Maybe this guy got a bad feeling about you.

Also, +1 on Blue Fox - kids come first, regardless of their ages and I'm not gonna put them at any risk to help out some stranger that is not really in a bad way, just having trouble bumpin' his bike.

Could also be that he knows bumpin' a bike is a one person job and if you can't do it maybe there's a lot more wrong with the situation. That would be my first thought. I've bump started bikes a couple dozen times and never needed any help. I'd be wondering why you need help and is this a scam or an angle being played on me.. or are you just not competent and this is gonna be a long intervention to get you sorted out.

Quick Reply: Bikes batt dies and other rider would not help.