Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Biker Jargon

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biker Jargon

being bikers we have some rediculus words that only bikers know so i was thinking about getting as many as i can and making a dictionary "biker jargon for dummies" or something of that nature that we can pass around and get a good laugh about.
i am wondering what a squid is?
thanks
JonBrown

Old 07-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Default RE: Biker Jargon

There are a couple of definitions for the term squid:

[ul][*]"Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous", or[*]"Stupidly Quick, Underdressed and Imminently Dead"[/ul]I personally like the 2nd.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 AM

thanks for the reply
any more to think of?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:39 AM
VP

squirly kid

Old 07-13-2007, 11:50 AM

Someone needs to come up with something to call all the stuck up GoldWing riders.

With all the two way radio, CB, (who the hell uses a CB anymore? GW riders), CD player, hands and leg warmers, floorboards that would fit with a 1981 Cadillac.

Give them the wave, they don't even acknowledge you. Too many Gizmos I guess.

Ham radio operators...

Somebody run with it...

Old 07-13-2007, 12:08 PM

[align=left]These are stunting terms from http://www.stunters.com/lingo.html[/align]
WHEELIE LINGO (GLOSSARY)

[hr]
[align=left]
[/align]12o'clock Wheelie - Wheelie that is straight up and down. This wheelie is beyond the balance point, and back brake must be used in order not to flip over backwards. Stunters commonly scrape the tailight and/or have a scrape bar to protect the tailight and fairings.

Circle Wheelie - Wheelie while driving in a circle motion. Often performed at a low rate of speed, with bike being slanted the way the circle wheelie is turning.

Combo Circle Wheelie - same as above, with numerous different combinations (i.e. - standup to SeatStander to 50-50 to Hichchair)

ApeHanger - Wheelie Straight up and down, put the bike on bar, release your legs, and drag legs on the ground behind bike while moving.

Boston Strangler - A single Heel Clicker performed from the Can-Can position.

Can-Can Wheelie - Rider performs wheelie while standing up on the foot pegs with one foot stretch out and crossing the front of the rider's body to apposite side.

Coaster Wheelie - Stunt performed by getting bike above balance point while pulling in the clutch. Rider must only use rear brake to control speed and balance point.

Combo Wheelie - Wheelie that includes multiple manuevers while on one wheel.

Crossed-Up Wheelie - Similiar to a High Chair Wheelie (see below), except legs are crossed over each other. This trick is perfomed by sitting on the gas tank, and having legs over windscreen and/or handlebars. This term can be also performed while in a stoppie and burnout.

Double Can-Can - Two feet outstretched on the same side of the bike.

Fender Grab Wheelie - Rider performs wheelie while standing up left foot on left foot peg, right foot in seat while reaching over with left hand and touching or grabbing the front fender.

Flamingo Wheelie - (also called a Ballerina, thanks Ant and Rommel). This stunt is performed by standing on the seat of the bike, and placing one leg in the air straight behind the bike.

Frog Wheelie - This stunt is performed by standing on the tank while doing a wheelie.

Heel Clicker - Both heels are touched in front of the headlight from a standard seating position. This is performed from the seat and from the gas tank.

HighChair Wheelie - Similiar to a Crossed-Up Wheelie (see above), except legs are straight, and not crossed over each other. This trick is perfomed by sitting on the gas tank, and having legs over windscreen and/or handlebars. This term can be also performed while in a stoppie and burnout.

HighChair Scrape - This trick is perfomed by sitting on the gas tank, and having legs over windscreen and/or handlebars. Rider gets wheelie over balance point and proceeds to drag 12 bar or tailight.

Iron Cross/Tank Wheelie - This stunt is perfomed sitting on the gas tank while doing a wheelie, and having your legs spread apart and high.

Nac-Nac Wheelie - Rider performs wheelie while standing up on the foot pegs with one foot stretched out and around the back of the rider's body to the opposite side.

No Throttle Hand Wheelie - Wheelie performed without the throttle hand on the throttle.

No Handed Wheelie - Wheelie performed without eithor hand on the bike.

No Footed Wheelie - Rider performs a wheelie with both feet spread out to the sides.

One Handed Tank Wheelie - Rider sits on gas tank with feet draped over the sides of bike while wheeling with only one hand on the handle bars.

One Handed Wheelie - Rider performs wheelie with only one hand on handle bars.

[b]Rear(Passenger) Peg Wheelie[

Old 07-13-2007, 01:07 PM

Hmmm, and to everyone else besides stunters, an apehanger is a tall *** **** handlebar on a chopper.

BMG, I know what you mean. At least Harley riders even wave sometimes.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:46 PM

Let's see:

SQUID, already covered
CHICKEN STRIPS - edge of tires not used
CAGERS - Dumbass car drivers
HOOPS - Tires
HIGHSIDE - To flip the bike onto it's side after sliding out sideways
LOWSIDE - To lay it down
SPIN UP - to spin the wheel while accelerating hard
HANDFUL OF BRAKE- too much front brake
ON ONE - Wheelie
WASH OUT - Front wheel looses all traction and gives out

That's all I can think of at the moment

Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM

sorry for the thread jack, but BMG is all to right. i wave to them as an act of courtesy, not because i like them. they could at LEAST give me a head nod or SOMETHING to acknowlege me. most cruiser guys around here will wave, all chopper riders wave to me, but not those dingle-berries.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

... i was thinking about getting as many as i can and making a dictionary "biker jargon for dummies" ...

don't mean to poop on your parade but there's quite a few rather extensive lists already out there ... here's an example of one:
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/dictionary/S.htm

Quick Reply: Biker Jargon