Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike Week 06 in Daytona FL

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Week 06 in Daytona FL

Alright, anybody going? I saw in the Road Trips section, afew will be there. I was out there on Saturday night, and i'll be posting some of the pics probably later tonight when i get home. Even saw a Gixxer(Sorry, i thought it was a CBR, but, i wasn't seeing straight on Main Street.) with 3 LCD moniters on it. Didn't realize the owner was standing behind me as I was telling my buddies what a crappy waste of money. Oh well. Anyways, back to the post, whose gonna be there?

I am headed that way again Thursday afternoon to catch the races. If you're gonna be that way, post up. Maybe we can meet somewhere.

Tylor

Old 03-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Default RE: Bike Week 06 in Daytona FL

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

...Even saw a CBR with 3 LCD moniters on it. Didn't realize the owner was standing behind me as I was telling my buddies what a crappy waste of money. Oh well...

Tylor

LOL hahahahah. Thas ok, Im sure he gets that a lot, an if he doesnt, he should Why waste money on something you cant use to its full potential unless completely stopped? Is it me, or does everyone else try and keep the bike moving as much as possible? Thats the joy of RIDING hahah

have fun in daytona, wish to hell I could go but Im up here in South Dakota... looooong trip for me.

take care,

Chris

Old 03-06-2006, 10:19 PM

We just get off our bikes, and start walking and here comes the first car I see
Name:  fordgt.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  102.1 KB

Alright, got afew pics. Turned out the bike with the moniters was a gixxer, i found out after going through the camera today. Anyway, here's the pics of it

Name:  tvgixxer2.jpg
Size:  66.4 KB

Here's one crazy Yamaha i came across
Name:  spiderR12.jpg
Size:  109.8 KB
Name:  spiderR1.jpg
Size:  110.5 KB

Old 03-06-2006, 10:41 PM

Ill give props to that yami, thats a sweeeet lookin bike. LOL makes even more sense they stuck the monitors on a gixxer thou :P
It compliments the gargabe exhaust well hahahah

thanks for postin pics man, they are sweet,

Chris

*Edit: hahahah i just noticed, theres a busa with a yosh pipe right next the the gay gixx.... omg... stereotype heaven w00t w00t j/k j/k.... just looked again, thats not an 05 gixx thou tail section.... i wonder if he actually bought the pipe cause he thinks it looks good?? :S crazy asses

Old 03-06-2006, 11:27 PM

Yamaha looks cool. The GSX1000R, what the hell are the monitors on the side of the tank for?

Old 03-07-2006, 10:43 AM

+1 one on the Yamaha, I love that paint job. Don't understand the monitors either. What do you do pull over and watch a movie. I would be affraid I woudl scratch the hell out of them riding. Seems that money could have been better spent on other mods.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:00 PM

Moniters are a pretty big thing this year. I saw quite afew choppers go by with moniters on the sides of the tanks as well. I don't get it. But, i'll be headed back out to Daytona Thursday for the Repsol Lube Superstocks race and the Pro Honda Supersports race. I'll be posting up some pics then too. I won't be makin it to the Daytona 200 though. Pretty pissed about that one. Gotta go to a wedding. But, it wasn't as exciting last year with the Foruma Extreme bikes running instead of the superbikes, but, i still wish I could be there this year!!!

Tylor

Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 AM

Spent the day in Daytona Monday. WOW, what a perfect day. Weather was spectacular (and is supposed to be all week/weekend)... very warm, sunny and breezy.

Traffic wasn't too bad, nor were the crowds (then again, it was a Monday).

All of the major manufacturers were represented at the Speedway... Honda, though in their normal spot at the main entrance, is actually doing their Demo rides on the far side of the speedway. They DO have a shuttle that will take you over there, but that doesn't start till 9:00 a.m. (and since they start sign-ups for demos at 7:30, by the time the shuttle runs, all the spots for the day are filled).

Suzuki and Yamaha didn't appear to have much in the way of sportbikes available for demos.

Kawasaki, on the other hand, was representing in FULL force. They had a veritable army of the new ZX14's on hand for demos, as well as ZX10R's, ZX6R's, and a couple (2, I think) of the new ZX650's (as well as cruisers). I'm not sure how the other manufacturers do it, but Kawasaki divides their demos up by cruisers and sportbikes, and the ride route is apparently different as well.

Triumph is down at the far, far other end (by the choppers, Big Dog, etc...). My hookup at Triumph didn't make it down, so we'll have to wait till Biketoberfest to demo the 675. *sigh*

Vendor tents were kinda scattered (not quite as centralized as they usually are), but Draggin, Arai, etc... were all there (as well as the normal jewelry, tee-shirts, etc...). Did see some great deals on helmets and gear, as well as many vendors willing to wheel and deal (there was a helmet I'd been eyeing, which I'd found online for a STEAL... he was about $50 higher, and I told him so... he offered to price match right there on the spot, which would have also saved me shipping! Alas, I didn't like the way the helmet fit once I tried it, but still, at least he was willing to work on the price!)

Teknic had a TON of new gear in the vendor tents... some of their new designs are definitely aimed at competing with Icon and some of the flashier manufacturers. But it also seems their sizing has changed... previously their line ran a big large, but the new designs are VERY short/on the small side. And they have new boots that are almost identical to the Icon Superduty I.... (fans of the Superduty I don't seem to like the Superduty II as well). Very comfortable, and seem to be well made. A pair of those will definitely be following me home this weekend.

Helmet Shop (just down Ocean Blvd... a couple blocks down from all the tents/activity) has GREAT prices... their prices on Suomy, Shoei and Arai helmets are unbeatable. They have a great selection of women's gear, and will have the new Power Trip stuff in soon (the Power Trip rep was in there when we were yesterday). I'm sure their prices on that stuff will be far below anyone else's prices, too.

I've got a good lot of pics, but will probably wait to post them till after the races this weekend.

YAY!!

Oh... and everyone be careful out there. As of yesterday, there had already been 4 motorcyclist fatalities in Daytona since the start of bike week on Friday.

Here's our pics so far....

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...bhk4f6&notag=1

Old 03-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Retired Administrator

Wow... great pics. Well... most of them. What kind of response did the gixxer w/monitors that don't even fit receive?

Old 03-08-2006, 12:15 PM

The gixxer mostly had people looking and shakin their heads. Neebelung, you guys gonna be in town all week? Maybe we could meet Thursday, i'll be out around the track around noon or so. I wasn't able to get near the track when I went Thrusday, i was with some harleys that wanted to hit main street instead, but, i'll be all over the track Thursday.

Tylor

Quick Reply: Bike Week 06 in Daytona FL