Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike for a small girl?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bike for a small girl?????

Right on. Thanks everyone! I will just take her to a dealer and have her start sitting on a few.... I was looking at the Honda 599/Hornet whats your thoughts on this one???

Old 09-19-2006, 07:01 PM
oNi

If she wasn't dead set on a sport bike, those standard/cruisers are pretty low to the ground so balance would be easier for her riding one. But yeah best bet is to actually sit on a couple at the dealer.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:36 PM

if she wants a sports bike, get a honda RVF400. i had one for my first bike and rode it great, its just abit smaller too, tiny bit bigger than a 250 and gives anything more than just a run through the twisties...

Old 09-19-2006, 09:39 PM

right on thanks for the heads up on that one. I will check it out and let her know about it!

Old 09-19-2006, 09:52 PM

if you need pics at some point, let me know and i'll upload them. i just finnished rejetting the carbs and only just got it up and running again this morning. i was going to sell it but i couldnt part with it. i love the ride, its absolute quality. just to put it in perspective, ive got a 929rr and i get the same rush out of riding the 400 through the hills. aweseome for an older bike

Old 09-19-2006, 10:57 PM

yeah upload some pics and let me take a look at it. I was looking it up around the net and its a sweet looking bike!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 11:30 AM

Well I'm thinking about the little ninja 250 for my girl. She's 120 lbs and has only ever ridden on the back of motorcycles, but she wants to ride one now. The ninja is very inexpensive, so when she drops the thing it won't be so much of a loss. Plus, there isn't a ton of horsepower to lose control of. The 600cc bikes are in a completely different league.

A motorcycle safety foundation training course should be mandatory for a newbie. And if she means anything to you, you won't think twice about giving up a weekend and taking the course with her.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:04 PM

Yeah it matters about 20% of what kind of bike (make/model) but, all in all it's going to come down to her experience and her progression. If she feels like shes going to want to jump the gun when she first gets it I suggest learning some clutch control and proper accelleration and braking techniques. Those 3 things are what riding is all about. Safe riding mind you. If you can progressively master these skills and hone in on your body position she should learn relatively fast. It's simple to ride a bike but it's dificult to control it when you first start out.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:36 PM

Agreed 100% Im actually doing some research for a buddy of mines wife. He has ZERO experience and she has more than zero experience. They are both taking the MSF class together in Oct. and they wanted me to find a good bike for her. Even after they do the course and buy their bikes, Im going to take them to a parking lot and make them practice everything again and again. I wouldn’t know what to do if one of them got really hurt and it was me who helped them get a bike and stuff. Oh well they aren’t immature and they aren’t stupid and just out for an adrenaline kick. Im confident they will be VERY responsible on their bikes. I will look into that Ninja 250!! thanks for the heads up on that one [sm=smiley14.gif]

Old 09-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for modern nice bike, find her a 2003 600RR, lower it to her needs, or a F4I, and lower it to her needs, that's what i would buy

Quick Reply: Bike for a small girl?????