Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bike purchase idea

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bike purchase idea

well...it has to be the newest and baddest ninja 250 with the new technology.
muahhahaha...

to put it bluntly...you're goingn to suck riding whichever bike you get...so do you want to look good while sucking or look bad while sucking? technology don't mean jack cause a noob wouldn't know how to use it anyway.

backroads = lots of dirt/gravel...and dirt/gravel with powerful bike and newb without experience and throttle control = crash...and crash at infrequently traveled backroad = no help for a long time.

but being from florida...everyone has a liter bike...so go for it! you'll just outgrow the 600 anyway.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt bash yourstatement tennessee i just replied to it....so sorry if it sounded like that....
and i se waht everyone is saying with the "buy a older bike so you dont break it" mantra, but with that idea, the older bike that i finally get "decent" with would then be even more out-dated than a 07 rr would be in 3-4 years..
i am not really worried about dropping it, and i live down a gravel road so i will quickly learn how to drive on it....and if i end up sliding the bike, i am going to be more worried about my own *** than a piece of machinery that can be fixed....
and you know what, i think a 1000rr sounds like a great idea, thanks tahoe...

also, the backroad, is extremely clean asphault...

Old 05-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Go for a kawi kx14.... That way you will look as bad as your riding skill

Also, you are going to need kick *** gear:

http://www.salvagecloseouts.com/Images/undershirt.jpg
http://www.victorystore.com/soccer/images/shorts14.jpg
http://www.arkansas103.com/generator...ip%20flops.jpg

After all is said and done, you will look just as cool as a retard humping a door ****.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Since you seem to have the money to buy a really nice, semi-new bike....why not buy a 96-99 600 for 2500-4000. Wait until you find the perfect deal, chill on that for about a year, maybe even put a little bit of rash on it and sell it for just about what you bought it for while putting minimal maintnece into it. Then you have maybe the same amount of money you had minus what you spent for registering, inspecting, tax, fluids and all that ish. After you get pretty comfortable sell it, buy something kinda new and you'll be able to enjoy (and appreciate) it more.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:40 PM

thanks for the wonderfull input pell....
i already have my gear....that was the first thing i bought....i have a shoei helmet and a joe-rocket textile....i havent found pants and boots yet.....

Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eh...just get what you want and be careful...even if it is a 1krr.
of course more cautious riders will advise against it ya know? it's all in the safety of things.

but if you have dirt and backroads, etc...i would forget sportbikes and get a motard!!!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

eh...just get what you want and be careful...even if it is a 1krr.
of course more cautious riders will advise against it ya know? it's all in the safety of things.

but if you have dirt and backroads, etc...i would forget sportbikes and get a motard!!!!!

Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell's a motard? Is that the same thing as a dirtbike? Or is it like a dual-purpose bike?

Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BurryTheSpeedo

thanks for the wonderfull input pell....
i already have my gear....that was the first thing i bought....i have a shoei helmet and a joe-rocket textile....i havent found pants and boots yet.....
Well, we are trying to guide you in the right direction, but you think you are better and smarter than all of us with years of experience on sport bikes.

Im not going to say that you are going to crash and burn if you buy that nice new RR... But, you will never learn how to properly ride sport bikes for a damn long time...

So, ask yourself... Is it more important to learn how to use your bike to the fullest, or is it more important to impress your friends on something flashy?

If you pick the first option... Pick up an old school sport bike (like everyone has mentioned) or a 250, take the MSF, and ride it for a year or two. You will be able to sell it for as much as you bought it for, and then you can pick up the bike of your dreams, and actually use it the way it was intended.

If you pick the second option ("need more technology"....lol) go for it... But, you are gunna suck... Technology shouldnt be your selling point.... Hell, if someone gave me some crazy *** super computer (skynet anyone?) or gave me the option of using my basic computer I have at home... Id pick my home computer in a heart beat.... I actually know how to use it correctly...

But, as previously stated, this is your decision, not ours. You are a god amongst men, and we are mere peasants, living day to day on our **** bikes.

Enjoy.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:52 PM

i wasnt going to get a 1krr, i had just fancied the idea of owning a rc51....
really i will prob end up with a 600rr...and lol at the motard idea...
the only bad roads i have to drive down are the ones to and from my house which is prob only about 1000ft long....most of my riding would be in jacksonville...

Old 05-02-2007, 02:55 PM

dude wtf is your prob?
i in no way can down anything any of you say because you have the exp i dont....i am going to take the msf, and hope to soon....its required here in florida anyway for anyone under 21....and it has nothing to do with "flashy" its my own ****ing want..i dont givea rats *** about what anyone else thinks about the bike, its my own opinion, and thats it...

Quick Reply: bike purchase idea