Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike inspection, do you do it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike inspection, do you do it?

I haven't had my bike inspected in 6 years. I have even gotten pulled over once and they didn't check my stickers. Obviously now that I say this, it will happen.

Still, just curious if you guys all get your bike inspected, and if not, how long have you gone without getting in trouble?

Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 PM

Is this inspection for insurance purposes or a DOT requirement?
We only have inspections for out of province equipment or recertification of damaged bikes here. Otherwise, I do a pre-ride inspection each time before I ride.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is inspected, but it is not a requirement for the sticker to be adhered to the bike - I carry it with my registration.

I doubt most cops around here would ever ask for it, they use inspection stickers as a reason to pull cars over, I figure most motorcycles give them some other reason.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Cali there are no inspections. Just pay the registration and be on your way

Old 02-04-2011, 01:55 AM

only need tags in ohio. i dont do a full pre-ride inspection, which i probably should. but once a week everything is checked over.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 AM

in missouri u have to get ur bike inspected b4 theyll give u plates so yeah its inspected

Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissevered
Still, just curious if you guys all get your bike inspected, and if not, how long have you gone without getting in trouble?
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about pre-ride inspections.

Like Crashking said, here in Missouri we HAVE to get ours inspected or they will not renew the plates. I think there's an exception if it is less than 5 years old but other than that you'd better show up at the DMV office with your renewal notice, personal property tax receipt showing the motorcycle listed on it, proof of insurance, a passed inspection paper and money to pay for the renewal or they'll just send you away.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM

I get my bikes inspected each year (PennDOT requirement), however, the previous owner had gone 3 years out of inspection. said he'd been stopped by LEO's a few times and they never hassled him about it

Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

I still can't get my head around the fact that it's not a country wide requirement to do an annual inspection.
Here in the UK the test is logged on a central data base along with insurance and road tax. They can detect you on cameras and automatically cross check that everything is in order. If you're out of date on anything expect a knock at the door.
It keeps the uninsured, badly maintained idiot pieces of crap off the road and in the long run benefits everyone.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:16 PM

Texas we do inspections. I pull the bike in the stall, guy says "Headlight, low beam, high beam, left signal, right signal, tail, brake light. Insurance." Also is supposed to check tires, mirror, reflectors, but who knows.

Lots of my buddies have expired inspections; the sticker is required to be affixed "near the license plate".

Quick Reply: Bike inspection, do you do it?