Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The BIGGEST Squid

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The BIGGEST Squid

I saw the biggest squid I've ever laid eyes on today. Went out for a long ride and was coming back home on a 2 lane, double yellow the whole way, and there were about 5 cars ahead of me, and I was at the very end. I check the mirrors...nothing. I check again and I see a sportbike. I thought "oh man, he must have been haulin big time". I check again and he's not there...because he's flying past me! I thought what an asshat! He was hangin in the oncoming lane and was thinking about passing more cars. I back off because there's no telling what he's got on his mind. So, he cuts over in front of me and he's up shifting and down shifting a lot like a typical squid. He decides to pass more cars, crosses the double yellow on a blind left hand sweeper and passes two more and cuts back in. Then he does it again to get in front of all the cars, same thing blind left hand sweeper. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
You guessed it, late model gixxer. Helmet and....um... well, shorts, t shirt and sneakers. I was waiting to see him either on the side of the road ahead or through someone's windshield.

Old 07-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Default RE: The BIGGEST Squid

there is absolutley no humor in that but all i can do is laugh out of pity...bahhh

Old 07-23-2006, 08:29 PM

i got a similar story to that, about 2 weeks back i was in heavy traffic in 2-lane I-64 going to norfolk, VA at night time. so im going with the flow of traffic about 10 over the speed limit in the right part of the lane when all of a sudden a bike goes flying past my left side and continues to go in and out of traffic. i couldnt believe it had happened because it was all so quick and i almost went into shock because if i had decided to move to the left side of my lane at that moment we would probably both be dead right now, just goes to remind you that its always the other guy.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:31 PM

today on my way home from the gym in my cage i happened upon two cruiser squids "racing" from a red light...i laughed out loud....it sounded like they had volume ***** instead of throttles under their right hands(straight pipe harley's)...btw....shorts,sandals, half helmet, harley tshirt from the coolest dealership they have been to, 'cool' fingerless leather gloves, and.......probably a learners permit....

Old 07-24-2006, 01:52 AM

Lmao, see them every day.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:16 PM

o yea welcome to florida see that **** everday

Old 07-24-2006, 08:28 PM

Theres a guy here in LawrenceVegas that I think is a pretty big Squid. He does a little bit of track racing but when he is on the street he totally acts like an idiot. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than me. Last week we nearly caught a glimpse of him rearending a SUV in a wheelie. He just barely missed it. Another time he pulled out in front of a cruiser and the guy had to hit the brakes pretty hard. He just thinks hes the best rider in the area and Frankly i dont think he is any better than I am. Maybe takes corners a little harder but thats about it. His buddy TED is Exactly the same way and even dummer. Hes one of those guys that thinks he does really good wheelies but will be up on one and start wobblying like a madman and than come talk to us and try to say that he did a great wheelie.

Its no wonder they only ride by themselves and have to come find other riders because they are both big ***** to everyone and the ride like crap.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 PM

I have a question....how come it seems that every 'squid' story ends up talking about attire; does everyone think that being a squid is about how you dress? I may be wrong, but I've been riding bikes for many, many years, and the term squid has been around as long as i can remember. It has always defined behavior, not attire. And aggressive riding itself is not an indication of being a squid either. I am not saying that this guy wasn't a squid, but I would be real surprised if the majority of riders here haven't blistered the asphalt at one time or another. Being a squid is a mental attitude, someone who rides above there ability, and 'could care less' about who gets hurt in the process. Its a person who continuously showboats. For a squid, riding is about perception, its all about the flash and the bling. Squids are easy to spot, they are totally out of control on their bikes and the only ones that don't seem to realize that; I venture a guess that the majority are unlicensed riders, and don't have the basic skills to pass the dvm test....but they can pop wheelies, do burnouts and weave in and out of traffic with out a care in the world. You don't see to many mature squids, cuz they either grow up and learnd to ride, or die.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:33 PM

my definition is
Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous
which ....as you can see underdressed is in there so ya if i see a guy in flip flops and shorts no helmet ......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid%28motorcycle%29

Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL - we have those... the other one I get ALOT of is civics ( older model hatch back with a fart can ) trying to race.

I pulled away from a light easy the other day... from a little bit back a car pulled next to me with two teenagers in it foot to the boards and lots of noise. I'm already in second gear so I punched it to the speed limit + 10% and let go of the throttle. I sat up, turned back and gave them a nice little wave. I figured that I made my point with the HUGE gap between us... and now I was waving them by. He went by foot to the board still accelerating and making alot of noise.

Ok so I was being a squid in what I did... but I didn't loft it and it was empty infront of me. To top it off, I never really sped... I wasn't in a hurry in the first place... I was going for a cruise to see some nice scenary.

Quick Reply: The BIGGEST Squid