Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Big ups to Zaqwert6

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:22 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Big ups to Zaqwert6

Hey...big ups to Zaqwert6 for fabricating a exhaust hanger piece for my fire blade!!!!bike love it man, too dark to take pictures now, next time I'll post picture. No biggy with tail piece....no sweat.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now, pay it forward! ;-)

Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
February 2012 ROTM

surely will...

heres some pictures, so i decide to mount it on the front hole, this creates an angle...

Old 05-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks very nice indeed!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw the thread title and I was like Uh oh, wadd I do?

Looks great though, fits just like we hoped.

Very cool, enjoy being pegless.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Jay, we should look into mass production...LOL...seriously.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by zaqwert6
Saw the thread title and I was like Uh oh, wadd I do?

Looks great though, fits just like we hoped.

Very cool, enjoy being pegless.
Nice work. You could def sell those on e-bay, or on here.

I bought my hanger for almost 50 bucks... so gives you an idea of the $$$ you could make

Old 05-01-2012, 05:46 PM
February 2012 ROTM

I'm in the carbon steel business, representing CHINA factories...from stamping, casting, forging etc...you name it, we can make it per print or per any samples....minimum order may be about a FCL or maybe LCL with my relationship. All we currently sell is to major importers of fasteners to the US market. Good thing about these parts is there is no conflict with what i'm selling now.

This just came across my mind though after Jay frabicated this piece for me. For Jay to produce these in the US will not yield much return...we gotta make this abord in CHINA where they are the major players in CARBON STEEL.

I would say minimum order about 10,000 piece + tooling cost + ocean freight + duty + inland cost = if we can get it under $7 each.....

PM me and we can BS about it...does not hurt to talk about it...LOL

Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Its definitely a possibility. I own a cnc machine shop capable of low volume production.

There's a little more to it than just cranking them out by the thousands though. Obviously there has to be a demand for thousands. Im not sure there's hat many 900rr out there in need of a single hanger anymore and we don't know, or have an easy way to find how many different bikes one design will work on.

My question with steel would be weight, whereas the alu is crazy light. Something most bike guys prefer. And then steel would require some kind of finish. Additional cost and handling.

Things to think about....

Old 05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
February 2012 ROTM

yup..Aluminum is more costly but we still catagorize this material in steel. You're right about market demand. There is no such demand to mass produce these. If there is, I'm sure someone already done it...

Originally Posted by zaqwert6
Its definitely a possibility. I own a cnc machine shop capable of low volume production.

There's a little more to it than just cranking them out by the thousands though. Obviously there has to be a demand for thousands. Im not sure there's hat many 900rr out there in need of a single hanger anymore and we don't know, or have an easy way to find how many different bikes one design will work on.

My question with steel would be weight, whereas the alu is crazy light. Something most bike guys prefer. And then steel would require some kind of finish. Additional cost and handling.

Things to think about....