Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

big brother is out there

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-31-2007, 03:44 AM
Default RE: big brother is out there

All the more reason to get rid of the cell phone, get a set of night vision goggles...and laugh at the parade.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't honestly know why people get so upset about this. I really don't. It's not like they tap into your phone call when you call up your girl. They are trying to find terrorist cells in the US, and this is a great way to find them. They don't care about your call to your girlfriend.......they do care when your neighbor is planning a terrorist attack.

Similar things have been going on for regular phones. If you say trigger words like "assassinate", "president" or "bomb" among many others, your call is immediately traced and recorded.....and they've been doing that for decades.......so again, I don't see what the big deal is.

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

+1....dude they dont care how big a rooster u did up on truck night u know

Old 07-31-2007, 07:41 AM

damn thats why my phone keeps goin dead even when i turn it off.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:11 PM

ohh well I guess they got a whole tape of my African Grey with Tourettes syndrome....... says the F word like its going out of style.....
I got nothing to hide and quite honestly I am not that important to most of the people that know me let alone the government.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:14 PM

I think it's good for terorists and criminals.

What's bad is that probably half the money spent turns into a dead end...or nothing.

Waste of my tax dollars.

That's what pisses people off.

I think it's funny in a way.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:36 PM

Ideas like this bother me. Do people really have no misgivings about your government monitoring you on a daily basis?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Author disputed, though often attributed to Ben Franklin. Nevertheless, it is perfectly true.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Bob The Great

Ideas like this bother me. Do people really have no misgivings about your government monitoring you on a daily basis?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Author disputed, though often attributed to Ben Franklin. Nevertheless, it is perfectly true.
yeah but if you think giving a damned will change the fact that its going to happen no matter what is popular then that's sad.
many moons ago the founding members of our country made it legal to take back our government...... do you think if you tried now it would be legal?? no. yes I agree that its a sad state of affairs we live in now but the best way to deal with it is to just deal with the fact that you have to deal with it!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:44 PM

Yeah,

The legal hoops they have to go through to be able to use their technology are so stringent that they aren't going to use any technology like that indisciminantly. If it comes to light they tapped a phone without proper cause, heads will roll. I'm in the US Army, Military intelligence branch. I am confident that my phones aren't tapped, even though I waived several rights to privacy when I entered the service and got my security clearance.

We may be on the road to being a police state, and definitely have the technology to be one, but it ain't happened yet. Trust me.

Quick Reply: big brother is out there