Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best year of your life ? Why ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best year of your life ? Why ?

Ill go this year so far (minus a good friend being killed in Iraq). Moved to Australia, got away from some bad things at home and haven't looked back. Best six months of my life, nothing compares hands down!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:26 AM

I would have to say 16-18 girls/cars/dirtbikes doesnt get much better than that...then I got married @ 20[>:]

Old 07-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

Man, I'm fortunate enough that every new year takes over as the best year of my life, and I guess it's a good sign that I'm living it. I mean, this year is gonna take the cake again because I bought my first house in May, and it's my second year on a CBR, though only the first since I did all the mods from stock over the winter. Of course, I'm going to lose my license for 60 days and pay hella fines for a DUI, but I can't let that put a damper on the year. The way I look at that, 2008 comes with 2 life changing purchases. A house and a life-lesson on the consequences of bad decisions.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:15 PM

Even though the last 6 months have been hell, the wife left me for her new bf. I would say this year has to be the best so far. I am closing one chapter of my life that I am very proud of (separating from the AF) and starting a totally new one being surrounded by friends and family that I really have not seen in 6 years. For all the service members and veterans on this board I truly appreciate your sacrifice for our country. I tip my hat to you and keep 2 wheels on the ground.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:29 PM

The day of and the week after I turned 30 I was seriously depressed. Started having thoughts of my life being half over, of how quickly time had passed since high school. Holed up in bed all week, eating cheetos and playing Xbox. After coming to terms with it I started thinking in terms of "half-full" instead of "half-empty" I then realized that Im actually in the best years of my life and its actually going to get better. I have a college education, have a good job, and made good life decisions. Being a little older and wiser I know my strengths, my weaknesses, what I'm capable of and what is no longer in the cards for me. I know that the time for me ever having a chance to be a Harrier pilot, a MotoGP racer, or astronaut is over (not that it would have realistically happened anyway seeing how I suck at math, I never rode a bike until my late 20s, and again, I have a better chance of winning the Powerball than I do of understanding differential calculus). Things I DO know is that I have a beautiful little girl, that I want to be the best father I can possibly be for, I'm saving for a comfortable retirement, and being a happily divorced man..every day I wake up its a day rife with possiblity.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:07 PM

Thanks guys and gals. I feel that the moral of the story is that with the good comes the bad, and everyrthing happens for a reason. The glass is half full and half empty, I get to choose what I wish to focus upon. I would have to revise my initial assesment of my life sofar and say with all honesty that the year I've spent here, making new friends has been the very best for me. I thank you all for your time and input. Peace, Gray.