Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best way to listen to your music in helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on my route. If I am closing town then usually I like to make a stop before it to have a coffee in petrol station and entering town I just leave one ear bud out. I use samsung ear buds, cause I find them to be flexible enough. I dont like to listen to loud music apart from clubs
So I have regular mp3 with shuffle-playlist on it and volume is in a place so that if someone talks to me I can hear far voice but it doesnt make any sence but at the same time I can hear my bike clear. To enjoy the roar from the motor And when I get close to a town or get confused/nervous/unsecure then I just wait until I get behind first traffic light and just pull hard to get one of the buds out. Thats why samsung, cause I have to pull quite hard. Last season spent 10 euros twice but I dont mind. Cause music in ride isnt essential for me to get something bigger mounted. Not jet atleast

And what comes to calls on ride! No way no how! I dont like to be distracted! My ride is ME time and no one elses with whom I can have the same simple conversation later

Last edited by Missynet; 02-15-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Nolan N-Com system that I got last summer for my new helmet was a big let-down. The mic is aggravating, constantly hitting my lips and it has to be hooked up so the earbuds work. I took one call to test it, useless. The other part cant hear anything I say if im going over 40km/h. Plus I'd have to concur with missy that ridetime is Me-time. Alas I have to figure something out for the next season to be able to listen to the radio while riding, I really like the easiness of having a plug in my helmet where I just put the connecting cable and be done with it, but the speakers in the N-com arent sensitive enough, even when my phone is on full blast I can just barely make out the radio at speed. And I really need it, doing backwoods twistiea or other riding that requires full attention I never listen to music, but after a long tedious day of driving my air conditioned truck, getting on the bike, listening to the engine pure and letting the sun warm me, I have fallen asleep a few times on the horns and that my friends is a scary sensation to snap out of!

Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 PM

I have yet to find a set of ear buds I like to wear while riding. Usually one or both fall out or don't stay seated in my ear. As for music, I listen to Pandora radio or I have 5 or so mixes on my iPhone about 2 hours in length a piece

Old 04-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered Users
Default The answer to Full Face Helmet Earbuds

Solrepublic Relays
Amazon.com: SOL REPUBLIC 1131-31 Relays 3-Button In-Ear Headphones - Black: Electronics Amazon.com: SOL REPUBLIC 1131-31 Relays 3-Button In-Ear Headphones - Black: Electronics

Very low profile design. I can put on my helmet without and they never slip out of my ears. After trying several earbuds and being frustrated every time, this things are the answer! Also, good bass even at high speeds.