Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best ride ever

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best ride ever

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

(you were down for 6 months...holy ****e)
yeah, its been a while, but now im back up, i went out for another ride too, it was overcast and absolutely amazing, although my new KBC lid, the chin is too bulky, it hits my shoulder everytime i check my blind spots....which is alot.

gonna go hit up our local sunday ride spot tomorrow, PR37.

ORIGINAL: fuze

Sweet mang ! Glad you got it all put together and on the road, and on a beautiful Saturday What color did you powdercoat ?
gloss black, both wheels stripped, prepped and coated for $70.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:39 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grats on the returns to action guys. Hope Sunday goes as well for me, have about 10-14 of us going from Green Bay Wi. to Chicago and back, should be a blast.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:51 AM

I too had a nice ride tonight. Cruisin around looking for something to do. Funny thing I am now starting to realize how many people smoke up while driving around here. In 2 hours I was behind 3 different vehicles and I could smell was pot smoke......so I guess I wasnt the only one having a good time.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

Yesterday must have just been thaT one specific day for riders everywhere...

I rode to Platte City last night with a buddy. We met up with a good friend of mine and headed to Zona Rosa in Kansas City then to Chipotle. As we're eating, this huge storm just starts rolling in from the North and it was heading south FAST. We didn't even get to finish our food anbd we had to split. We decided to fly south and get far enough ahead of it to go west into Kansas, through Topeka, back up through Lenexa to Platte City.

This was a bad storm. As we left Chipotle, you could literally see the blanket of heavy *** rain coming right for us. We're sitting at a stoplight waiting to get onto I-29 and the rain was actually pounding the cars to our right and we started to get hit with it - the light turned green and we nailed it. There were 50MPH winds man - crazy. We hit the highway and **** was flying everywhere - everyone in Kansas City must have bought a refrigerator and left their boxes on the side of the highway or something because for 60 straight miles there were boxes the size of Yugos flying all over the highway.

We're hitting 100-110MPH and the sky in our mirrors was black as midnight. I don't know how, but we managed to get to Topeka, back up through Lenexa and to Platte City without getting touched by the rain. We got to Platte City and looked at the weather map and believe it or not there was a window of about 1 mile through the storm where it was broken up and we found it - all the way up I-435.

All three of us agreed that it was the most adrenaline pumped, get your *** outta there and twist the wrist ride we've ever been on. IT WAS A BLAST!

Screw storm chasing, I wanna be a storm runner! Anyway, my new bike performed perfectly for me. Couldn't be more happy. We ended up doing 257 miles in the course of about an hour and forty-five minutes.

WHAT A FRICKEN GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Very awsome Kid. Our ride kicked *** today also, other then Mcdonalds on Michigan ave. Lol like 9$ for a big mac combo, i bout chit my pants. Otherwise great weather and friends, did 572 miles total, great day.