Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Helmet

I was going to buy my girl an Icon helmet so she could ride with me,but all this negative talk has completely made me re-think my decision..

Old 02-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

Oh jeesus...

Old 02-22-2007, 02:45 PM

In regards to the comments about the Icon and Shoei helmets splitting in half, that's what a helmet is supposed to do. In a collision you want the helmet to absorb all of the impact and not your skull. In an impact a helmet should shatter otherwise your brain is gone to shake around in your skull or your skull's going crack instead of the helmet.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

I've seen 2 Icon helmets in person split wide open by slow crashes.
But didn't they look cool right before impact?

Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM

I just got my ICON Mainframe for my b-day and I love it. I got for $212 off ebay and it is a $280 retail.
That's the thing you have to look for deals. I have three Arais and I didn't pay close to retail for them. TwoQuantum FsI bought from the dealer I was working for, I paid $220 for an Okoda and $250 for an Edwards bothonclearance. My Matsudo RX-7 I paid dealer cost $349when I fiancedmy RR last year. They added it to the price of the bike and don't even feel that. It was like an extra $1.25/ monthto my loan. I know most of you don't work for dearlers or have hook ups but you really do get what you pay for. I post this link every time helmets come up on this forum so read it and take what you want from this info. Is it real, I think so. Could it be fake, maybe so decide for yourself...........

http://www.araiamericas.com/news.asp...le_Current.asp
HOW EXPENSIVE IS YOUR HEAD? PRICE OUT THE HELMET ACCORDING TO THE PRICE OF YOUR SKULL AND BRAIN.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo
Shoei and Arai are the only two helmets anyone should ever buy. I got my Shoei off Ebay for 365, retail is 450.
+10 Kidcrenshaw
thats ridiculous, im guessing gucci and louis vutton are the only wallets worth buying too?

i paid 180 for my jacket and 140 for my helmet and walked away from a 55mph wreck, and i hit head first

+1 Duce :helmet is only supposed to be good for 1 solid impact

youre payin 200 for the helmet, and 250 for the name

Old 02-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered Users

that guy got had a good doctor, either way you cut it, he got luuuucky, the question is what if he had wrecked the same way with anohter helmet....? I know a few ppl at the local dealership that are very sensitive about helmets.....My opinion is if its your time to go its yout time, dont matter the helmet.....and we dont ride for safety.....
best bet would be find a dealership and try on everyhelmet they have, till you find one that fits right

Old 02-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Banned

Yeah, everyone was going 140mph... and he was a paramedic for 6 years yet he's doing 140 in traffic...

Kinda reminds me of the guy that was doing "140" on the video clip about Dealers Gap and the Dragon...

His road rash consisted of a strawberry on his left shoulder... gimmie a break.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: ilDuce

In regards to the comments about the Icon and Shoei helmets splitting in half, that's what a helmet is supposed to do. In a collision you want the helmet to absorb all of the impact and not your skull. In an impact a helmet should shatter otherwise your brain is gone to shake around in your skull or your skull's going crack instead of the helmet.
+1

Old 02-22-2007, 09:58 PM

i had a kbc before i bought my HJC CL-15 and i got to say i like the KBC a lot more. when i bought the KBC i bought it from a local dealer the explain the helmets very well to me. some helmets have a bit of a price markup for the name. but a lot of it has to do with the technology that goes into the helmets. some are made from lighter materials and more advanced designs making them more aerodynamic and have better airflow in them. the price doesn’t not necessarily mean safer although the helmet might be more comfterable because of the light weight materials better material inside the helmet or better airflow. the guys at the shop told me the most important thing is the dot and snell approval not the price.

Quick Reply: Best Helmet