Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best friend killed this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best friend killed this weekend!

RIP

Old 09-13-2005, 10:42 PM

Damn, another one to add to the helmet advertisement.

Honestly, I dont feel comfortable riding a crotch rocket without a helmet. I have ****ed around doin slow wheelies and **** on dirtbikes on soft dirt and grass without a helmet, but even on like pocketrockets i mash a helmet, no matter what or how good you are, everyone falls sometimes. Like have you ever tripped while not paying attention walking, I know I have. Bikes aren't forgiving.

Either way sorry to hear that man, worst month for me was like 2 or 3 years ago, 3 funerals in 4 weeks.

helmets fellas, if you wanna keep riding, or just living

Old 09-14-2005, 04:46 PM

My deepest sympathies. That is a terrible loss..

Old 09-16-2005, 04:28 PM

I appreciate all of you helping me through this difficult time. I have never experienced anything like that before. The paramedics said that by me stopping the bleeding i probably kept him alive long enough to stay on life support before his parents pulled the plug. I am thankful because i know i tried my best to help him. I have a whole new respect for riding now. I want to let everyone know that if he had a helmet on he probably would still be here riding with me today. He was supposed to get married next year to his girlfriend chantel and had recently started his own online company called distintinmports.com. His company was based around selling aftermarket and performance parts for sport bikes. He was a die hard motorcycle fan and he died doing what he loved. He will be remembered... We have started a memorial and charity fund for his family and fiance. The plan is to raise enough money to rebuild and customize his bike the way he wanted it and to either auction it and donate the proceeds to his family. I am new to this site and i see alot of nice people on here so look forward to future conversations. Thanks Nick Olson

Old 09-16-2005, 05:48 PM

Condolences, May he rest in peace, sorry for your loss.....

Old 09-30-2005, 01:59 PM

my deepest sympathies. i would like to let everyone out there know about a website called remembertheriders.com i don't know if y'all know about it or not but i think that it is a very good reminder of the simple fact that motorcycles are everywhere and that these people on four wheels need to be on the lookout for us cause we have just as much a right to the road as they do. the website also has an option where you imput your zip code and your email addresss and they will send you a newsletter once every week and let you know how many riders lost their lives that week. just recently in jax, fl. a 28 yr. old man and an 8 year old boy were tragically killed in an incident. when i read that my heart dropped to my stomach and i thought i was going to be sick. I would like to thank eveyone for taking the time to read this and hopefully if there are some people out there that are reading this and drive a car/truck/van etc. they will realize that we are out there and they need to open their eyes a little more and be more attentive while driving.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:37 AM

My codolences on your loss! \
I Also have had someone close to me i have lost to a motorcycle accident it was horrible the man was my girlfriends father he was riding in front of us we were in her car and he rode a wheelie after he passed us he dumped it hit his head and his daughter had to see the whole thing we will never be the same ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!

Old 10-03-2005, 04:52 PM

I am sorry for your loss and the loss to the riding community...Like so many have posted previously WE HAVE GOT TO WEAR OUR GEAR!!! It could happen to any one any where any speed..Again sorry for you loss and may he Rest In Peace..

Old 10-14-2005, 05:50 PM

So sorry.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Rev

sorry to hear about your loss..makes you think what would have happend if he wore a helmet

Quick Reply: Best friend killed this weekend!