Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ben Spies wins world superbike title

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ben Spies world superbike .. spoiler..

Ben Spies just clinched the WSB title. If anyone missed this years racing, they missed a great season of some of the best riding I have seen in years. The first rookie to ever win the championship. Not to mention how many pole positions and first place finishes... absolutely awesome season. I think he broke more records in his first season than most have in their entire career.

There were rumors that he would enter MotoGP for 2010, but it now looks like he will stay with yamaha on world superbike for one more year, then go to a satellite yamaha team in MotoGP for 2011. Anyone else hear this?

All I can say is, they must have paid him a fortune to stay in world superbike for one more year. His lifelong dream to run MotoGP on the backburner is worth a ton of money Im sure.

Last edited by justasquid; 10-25-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope - he's off to GP in 2010.
I think next time, you may want to be a little less specific in titles when it comes to things like race results - some of the guys may not have had time to watch the race...............

Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 PM

Nope - he's off to GP in 2010
thats what I thought too, until I read this... the odd part is, after the race, the annoucers said he was off to GP. So Im confused..

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/B...+2010+and+2011

I think next time, you may want to be a little less specific in titles when it comes to things like race results - some of the guys may not have had time to watch the race...............
oh yeah, your right. sorry bout that.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about 2010, but I read somewhere that Spies will be participating in the last Moto GP race on 11/08
some of the guys may not have had time to watch the race
Had it recorded on the DVR to watch on Tuesday

Old 10-26-2009, 05:06 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Yeah according to UK TV he's going to MOTO GP for 2010. He's in and James Toseland is out.

Will be interesting to see how he makes the transition from WSB bikes to GP bikes , many have tried.............?

Still will all add to the next MOTO GP season with Rossi , Lorenzo and Stoner , maybe a four horse race?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Incognito
Don't know about 2010, but I read somewhere that Spies will be participating in the last Moto GP race on 11/08

Had it recorded on the DVR to watch on Tuesday
He has a "guest ride" in the last Moto GP race of the year, on a Tech 3 Yam(?).
Now we'll see what he can do...........it's a BIG jump from SBK to a GP bike - around 2-3 seconds a lap..................like the difference between the horse I used to ride on a Sunday, and getting on a race horse....................hehe
He wouldn't be the first to find it "a bridge too far" ................
For me I reckon he'll do well.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:53 PM

exactly what makes ben spies so good? I know he can ride but exactly what is he doing so well compared to the rest?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 AM

very nice video,I'm going to start training just like him.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:53 AM

haha. that was a great video.

I can't wait to see the battle next year. Spies, Rossi, Lerenzo, Stoner, Even the little **** Padrosa... and rounding up might be Hayden... At least it seems like he has gotten the Ducati figured out some. Definate improvements over the start of the season.

I would imagine Spies running top 5 in the upcoming motogp race. The only issue is Rossi is already the champion, so I don't know if we will see the true Rossi. Ben already knows how the Yamaha engine works now, he is use to full on race tires now, it is a completely different bike than is wsb for sure, but not as different as his superbike to the motogp bike he ran two years ago, and he placed 5th on an under-powered, under-developed suzuki motogp bike.

All I know is, the 2010 season is begining to look like the best season ever. I don't know if Spies will win the MotoGP championship, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. man I wish the new season started in November..

Last edited by justasquid; 10-27-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Ben Spies wins world superbike title