Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Being Chased on my CBR600!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Being Chased on my CBR600!

Mate- is there any real reason to run???? Its all just ego bull****. Im sure your friends wont be visiting you in the slammer! If they did they'd only be tellin you about the rides you missed out on. My 06 600rr is definatley quicker but there's no way i'd race a cop illegially. Even if your quicker , the cops can ride better than most of us put together! Think about it from the angle as if you were a cop- what would you do if you were chasing some smart *** on a bike! Thats right, youd be on the blower to the other cops and you'd put all those years of experience together and fire up a bit and bring that sucker down. Any way he'd probably get ur plate and meet you at home anyway. why dont you enquire at your local race track, im sure theyd have a special day where you can race cops legally!!! take care, what ever you decide.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:33 PM

Honestly, the answer to your question is YES. But it is NOT a good idea!!!!!!! Anything is possible provided that you know the roads in the area and all the hiding spots and places where you can lie low for a while. But in my time I have see riders do some outlandish things to duck the cops. From lying the bike down in a ditch, to hiding in the woods. It's some of the funniest #&@! that I have ever heard, but It is not worth it. You can get over a speeding ticket. Just don't do things that you think you will need to run from. We would rather have you here posting messages.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:09 PM

Everything everyone said it true.. Thanks Guys

Old 12-11-2006, 09:07 PM

So you are seriously asking a bunch of people you've never met if they think it's ok to break the law? And if they think it's ok to put your life in danger as well as anyone elses in your path?
Sure the bike may outrun the cop...in a race. But when a cop is chasing you it isn't a race but rather a mad dash through traffic, that may end with an accident or worse.
I am not on the soapbox telling you I don't have a lot of fun on my bike and I surely have hit triple digit speeds many times, but I would never TELL anyone to try the things I do because it's all up the the individual. Make an informed decision, or at least make it yourself.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:32 PM

Of course you're better off not running from the cops, but there are some situations where it's not so bad of an idea.

Say you're running down a big straightaway about 90 or 100mph and you pass in the opposite lane. He slams on his breaks, turns around in the road, and comes after you. Are you all really gonna stop so he can give you a ticket. By the time he got turned around and up to as fast as you were going you would be long gone. I know 3 cops pretty well and they don't even bother to chase motorcycles if the bikes try to evade them.

Now if you're riding in a city and there's a lot of traffic it's probably better to stop, but out on an open road I don't see much reason to stop for a police car. I'm sure everyone is going to disagree with me but that is my opinion.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i say you definitely can...i mean seriously...

1 HP vs...at least 60 or so?

Old 12-12-2006, 02:52 PM

I think you can easily outrun the cops... if you have a space ship. I mean think about it for a minute. How many police have space ships?! It's only like... stars and crap and nasa that's in space, and I think you could take those nasa guys if you ask me. So my plan is to build a space ship and hide it somewhere, then when the police chase me I go to that and take off and there you have it, I'm free!

Mike

Old 12-12-2006, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: MisterBasket

If you dont get away from the cop in under a minute youre not gonna get away no matter how fast your bike is. Cant outrun the radio.

Not 100% true. For instance, when riding an ATV it is quite easy to beat the radio....

Old 12-12-2006, 03:19 PM

You and everyone who advises running from the cops is an IDIOT! What you dont know someone personally who has been killed acting like an idiot on the streets with a very fast sport bike? Well I have.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:20 PM

In most places, the police will impoud your bike for wheelies or excessive speeding, that means they will have you watch as they tow your bike with a tow truck, and not have it properly hooked up, it will fall and be dragged behind the tow truck for about 2 miles, your bike will be destroyed and all the cops will say is, 'oops happens all the time... hope you have insurance because I really don't give a **** about your bike, you shouldn't have been wheeling or speeding...'. Don't fk with the police because in reality, they do what they want, when they want, and they don't care who you are because there is NOTHING you can do about it son.
-Peace Officers, either your with us or against us.

Quick Reply: Being Chased on my CBR600!