Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The beer thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The beer thread

haha thanks dude... Nothing wrong with cheap beer. Just matters what the occasion is. If my going to a nice steak house im not going to order a Bud Light when they have Anchor Steam on the Beer List, But if its Sunday Football, I'll pretty much drink whatevers in the fridge (as long as its not a bitch pop)

No Smirnoff, No Hooch Ice, No Sparxx etc etc....

On a side note.. I had a Mirror Pond and didnt admire the taste much.. But got a couple buddies that live and die by it.

Oh yea... and i havent read all 5 pages, but I was glad not to see Guniess everywhere... everyone raves about that ****, and I think its plain CRAP. If I want to drink dirt i'll go outside and drink muddy puddle water, and save $5 a bottle.

BTW, I LOVE Nyquil and Rubbing Alcohol on ur list... lol now thats straight savage!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:54 PM

I can get a good variation of Dog Fish head at the beer warehouse near my house... check this list and I can get anything on it. I'll see which Dogfish's they have, I know they have coffe porter (I think that one's a porter) and the Doggystyle Ale, not sure what the other ones are...

http://www.crazybruces.com/beer.html

Right now, this is my list:

Lienenkugel's Honey Weiss
Guinness
Bud & Bud Light
Hazed and Infused
Ten Penny Ale

Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 PM

Hazed and infused, there's one i've never heard of.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:58 AM

Throughout my life, I have never liked real Hoppy beers, like most IPA's I can't stomach. But I tried thisbeer one day on my friends dime, I probably never would have bought this beer but I won't turn down a free one, and I really liked it, so I got a sixer in my fridge at all times now. All the beers I listed above are in my fridge right now.

Here's a link...click on the beer tap all the way to the right...

http://www.boulderbeer.com/

Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 AM

i went to the store yesterday and the pumpkinhead ale is GONE!!!!! ahhh. i know its seasonal (sept-nov), but come on, its still the first week in december for crying out loud.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Throughout my life, I have never liked real Hoppy beers, like most IPA's I can't stomach. But I tried thisbeer one day on my friends dime, I probably never would have bought this beer but I won't turn down a free one, and I really liked it, so I got a sixer in my fridge at all times now. All the beers I listed above are in my fridge right now.

Here's a link...click on the beer tap all the way to the right...

http://www.boulderbeer.com/
I hear that a lot. In fact, I remember saying that I didn't like really hoppy beers a few years ago. Now, I can really enjoy IPA's and even more so, DIPA's. ****, I'm pretty much a hophead.

I find, when people say they don't like to much hops in their beer, it's not about the bitterness, it's about the specific hops used and balance and "match" between malt and hops. A beer can have a lot of hops, but be mellowed out by a ton of malt. I find hoppiness can be a bad thing, but often, it's fukin magical. I think I'm getting teary-eyed...

BTW, here was my latest discovery. Avery's Hog Heaven:

http://www.averybrewing.com/BigBeers/docs/hogHeaven

It has more hops than most barleywines (I haven't had a lot of this style though), and I love it. At 9.2%, it packs a bit of a punch too-lol. Has a great deep red color and smells like grapefruit and orange. Barleywines age well...but they wouldn't in my house-lol.

Crazy Bruce's looks nice. Do they stock all of varieties for the brewerys listed, or just a few? How about microbrews? WTF do they have?

Old 12-08-2008, 04:40 PM

They have the best selection I've ever seen, but depending on popularity in this area... like we only get three of the Lienenkugel's because the others would not sell probably.

But they have more Magic Hats and Long Trails than you guys can get probably...

Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM

I just wanted to drop by and say that i bartend/ beertend at beeradvocates.com 10th best beer bar in america...Capital ale house. Beer is absolutley IMO far more complex than wine but not many people appreciate or respect it as such. So with that sad a few good selections for you all to try

IPA's im a huge hop head- Southerntier "unearthly". Avery "maharaja" (only brewed once a year)GreenFlash Imp IPA (101 IBU's) weyerbacher "simcoe" prob my favorite 12oz bottle.

Stouts/porter- Bluegrass "bbc jefferson reserve oak aged imperial stout" 5 bucks for an amazing kentucky bourbon aged stout at 10% abv, Stoudts "fat dog" Imperial oatmeal stout, Flying dog "Gonzo imperial porter" only by the oak aged tho very small allocation beer

Belgians- St bernardus abt 12, Hughyes "delerium tremmens, nocturnum and noel", orval, rocheforte

Those are just to namea few...I love my job

Old 12-08-2008, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Jiffylube8449

I just wanted to drop by and say that i bartend/ beertend at beeradvocates.com 10th best beer bar in america...Capital ale house. Beer is absolutley IMO far more complex than wine but not many people appreciate or respect it as such. So with that sad a few good selections for you all to try

IPA's im a huge hop head- Southerntier "unearthly". Avery "maharaja" (only brewed once a year)GreenFlash Imp IPA (101 IBU's) weyerbacher "simcoe" prob my favorite 12oz bottle.

Stouts/porter- Bluegrass "bbc jefferson reserve oak aged imperial stout" 5 bucks for an amazing kentucky bourbon aged stout at 10% abv, Stoudts "fat dog" Imperial oatmeal stout, Flying dog "Gonzo imperial porter" only by the oak aged tho very small allocation beer

Belgians- St bernardus abt 12, Hughyes "delerium tremmens, nocturnum and noel", orval, rocheforte

Those are just to namea few...I love my job

Are you hiring???

Old 12-08-2008, 04:58 PM

Or official response would be "we are always taking applications:. But Yea we Carry over 300 bottle beers and have 60 beers on tap with 2 cask conditioned ales. Check out or website sometime and if your ever in virginia there are 3 down in richmond and one in fredericksburg

Quick Reply: The beer thread