Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Beer is good but whiskey...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beer is good but whiskey...

So I've been bartending for a little under a year now and I've made some nice drinks. I have to say however, I have become partial to the, "double whiskey sour, shaken."

Here's my deal, I love the taste of beer so damn much that when I drink it, I can't help but to slam them. The next thing I know it's and hour later and I've had 5 or 6 beers. Feel like I ate a freaken stuffed pig. To top that off, I can't stand the taste of ANY alcohol, really. Jeger is good to shoot, and the only thing else I've found that I enjoy the taste of (still not straight up, either), is Makers Mark... mmmmmm.

Here is my recipe for a double whiskey sour, shaken...

3 oz. Makers Mark
1 oz. simple syrup
3/4 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
white of one egg

Build ingredients in shaker, with no ice. Shake once with no ice to build froth, add ice to shaker. Shake again and strain over ice into highball glass. Garnish with Flag (cherry and orange wheel).

Some people may not like the sounds of it, but dammit it's freakin' killer. Don't freak out about the eggs, if you eat pies on Thanksgiving you've had egg whites and they're not bad. The alcohol eliminates any bacteria that may be lingering. Plus, the egg white adds this creamy, frothiness to the drink.

Anyway, some of my boys give me **** for drinking the, "cocktails," but I can't help it. I can drink them with water in between and the taste is still great. Ever try to drink water in between beers...[:'(]

It also doesn't give me a hangover... ever. Thought I would share and see if anyone else is partial to the cocktails?

I had about 6 of these last night, the girlfriend and I made reservations last night as Dr. James Patrick and wife, of Telluride, CO. to celebrate Valentines. Haha, it was a blast...

Anyone else do stoopid **** like that?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
RCR
Default RE: Beer is good but whiskey...

I really don't drink anymore but I could never stand the taste of hard drinks unless it was masked like a long island ice tea or a bloody mary. other then that beer is the winner.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:48 AM

i prefer mixed drink that i make because well....they are usually doubles/triples smirnoff lime vodka and either diet pepsi or sierra mist and a bit of cranberry juice.....2 of those the way i make em will put you on your ***.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

Yeah see that's way too much alcohol for me... if I can taste the liquor, I don't dig it.

Not a big fan of flavored liquor, either. Had a buddy try to make me a white russian with vanilla vodka and Coffeemate creamers packages...

WTF???

I sent that **** back.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:10 PM

i dont know about the egg white but i do enjoy whiskey. 7 and 7 is a my drink of choice, not so cheap when you go out, but hell of a alot better than BEER.

I enjoy the good Captain and some Coke as well. JAGER BOMBS are always welcome.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:11 PM

i drink maybe once ever couple of weeks or so, if its not whiskey and water (WL Weller) its a lunchbox shot (half a shot of OJ other half crown drop into beer and chug)

Old 02-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

The next thing I know it's and hour later and I've had 5 or 6 beers. Feel like I ate a freaken stuffed pig.
Common problem. Beer makes me too sluggish. The whisky sour thing reminds me of my parents. I kinda want one now. cheers.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:16 PM

mmmmm white russians are good if done right, and enough alcohol. i made a drink that is good and similar to a white russian 1/3 rum, 1/3 baileys irish cream, 1/3 milk....mmmmmmm

Old 02-17-2008, 02:31 PM
TEN

Ahh, sounds like we have another conosiour(sp?). I usually drink beer but I have a well stocked liquor cabinet for those times when I perfer something extra. I actually went through a stage where I was trying to master the perfect martini. Then it was wine and more wine. Then it was whiskeys. Then good scotches...oh wow, now that's a good Sunday night sipper. Dabbled in highly distilled tequila for a while. And now I'm lookin for a new conquest. Hey, it's enjoyment and as long as you don't get carried away, everything is good. Don't let them give you hell.

*amendment to the rule: If you're a dude and you're out with the fellas at a beer bar, local honkytonk, dance club, or anywhere other than in the carribbean under a palm tree and you order a big fruity drink in a huge daquri glass with a little umbrella...they clearly get to kick you in the nuts. Same for wine coolers!

Old 02-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

jack daniels straight up i cant mix it my whiskey. now other drinks liek vodka can be enjoyed straight up or mixed. but like "LC's" are good and "adios" i can drink those but when it comes to whiskey it has to be atleast a double shot .

but have you ever noticed after 21 shots in a row of jack it starts to taste like water ? lol

Quick Reply: Beer is good but whiskey...