Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Been Thinking About Getting a Ducati

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been Thinking About Getting a Ducati

There's a Ducati 749 Biposto being sold near my area and I want to grab it before somebody else does. I've been thinking about selling the F4i and picking up the duc, but the only thing I may not be able to handle is the high cost maintenances, repairs, and services. The bike is freaking swwwweeeet too. It's a 2003 and has been babied meticulously. It has under 1,300 miles, clean title, original paperwork, all keys(1 master key and 2 extras), and some extras. It would be an awesome buy! I want to pull the trigger!!!! Wish I had some extra moola though.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Been Thinking About Getting a Ducati

buy it!!! the 749 is so facking sweet!!! ***** yourself to old widowed grandmas for the extra dough!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:16 AM

yeah, quite the turnaround from awhile back...you were pretty upset, if I remember.

From all that I've heard about the F4i though, you may miss it too much to justify a boutique Italian ride...

Old 01-06-2008, 12:52 AM

Who is selling the bike? I may know the person? I probably could talk him into holding it for awhile.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:28 AM

The thought of whoring myself out to women crossed my mind...

Yeah, I was quite upset back then. I almost had to sell everything I had and move. We refinanced our home so many times and got so many loans. We almost went bankrupt... For now, we're okay. Things are kind of looking up I guess.

The guy lives in Playa del Rey, CA. I'm pretty sure he's got it pretty made financial-wise . Lives about 40-50 miles away in some condo in a rich neighborhood. Hey, he's gotta have it made to have a Duc anyways. I want the bike, but in the end it might just be wishful dreaming haha.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned a couple of Italian bikes, not Dukes though alright, Italian bike design is from a different edge. Italian's love handling, performance & looks above all else. the trade off being, they don't give a rats about comfort, practicality of design (one Guzzi I owned had 4 friggin keys for 4 different locks) & they don't care if you have to pay lottsa Lira for parts & servicing. Their suspension is firmish to say the least. Wot you'll get is a bike that goes like stink through the twisties, an exhaust note that's just beautifull, so who cares if after a days ride, you can't stand properly or use either hand to eat with.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Banned

We refinanced our home so many times and got so many loans. We almost went bankrupt... For now, we're okay.
As tempting as a new bike is, The question you have to ask yourself is 'Do I want my wife/family to live on the verge of bankruptcy because I want a new toy?'

Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 AM
VP

well now that I am in the market for a new bike, how much does he want for it? lol

Old 01-06-2008, 11:47 AM

I was on Ducati's website the other day and they are offering 50% off maintenance on 2008's.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

We refinanced our home so many times and got so many loans. We almost went bankrupt... For now, we're okay.
As tempting as a new bike is, The question you have to ask yourself is 'Do I want my wife/family to live on the verge of bankruptcy because I want a new toy?'

Yeah, that's why I said it's just wishful dreaming.

Quick Reply: Been Thinking About Getting a Ducati