Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Battery - vented vs. non

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Battery - vented vs. non

I just purchased a EverStart maxx ES9BS for my bike and it does not have a vent.. I'm used to seeing vents on batteries like this.. My question is will they work fine without a vent? I read earlier today about a guy's non-vented batter exploding due to his R/R.. Opinions? Thanks!

Old 09-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well any battery is capable of exploding. All batteries have the potental to explode if they are not properly grounded or if the charging system is overcharging the battery. For the most part thou they will not wether they have a vent or not. The battery was designed in a way for it to work. Gel celled batteries have no vents on them and are great for off road or extreme use because they were designed to be mounted in any manner. They even work upside down.
Now for a vented vs nonvented battery is arbitrary because it is what the battery was design to do or with stand. Not if it is going to explode. Alot has to do with people's opion as well.