Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bas ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bas ?

What is a BAS ? Im having trouble starting my bike and someone said to ck my BAS>>>>>>>>>>

Old 05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Default RE: Bas ?

Is that a pink F4i? Im thinkin its the paint job. Ur bike knows its girly lookin and it just doesnt wanna take that step out of the closed just yet.

Seriously, check into gettin a service manual and a parts manual for your bike...makes life alot easier. Give the stealership a call tomarrow morning and ask them what it is. Then use the service manual and fix it urself.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:32 PM

Yes its white with pink lips all over and diamonds (rhinestones) all over as well. Its o.k. though shes a girl. JUS A BADDDD **** ONE ! Thanks though good idea

Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a chick bike tome, and since its rider is a woman (check her siteprofile) that's okay.

As for checking you BAS? Ummm, Big Angry Sister? Buttered Asparagus & Sausage? We could have some fun with this. Actually I'd take a stab at Battery / Alternator / Starter. You don't describe the problem other than to say it's hard to start, but a guess is that it doesn't crank over well. That generally means a discharged battery or loose / corroded battery connections. If the battery is discharged, but, takes and holds a charge from a battery charger, and there are no loose / corroded connections,then one suspects the alternator or rectifier. If the battery ischarged and the bike doesn't crank over, one suspects the starter may be bad.

Of course, there are other reasons for hard starting, and the above is just a wild guess.

If you are so inclined a Haynes, Clymer or Honda Shop manual for your bike will provide the knowledge you need to check that all out. If you are not so inclined at trip to the shop or assistance from a knoweldgable friend is in order.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:48 PM

I believe your original post was already answered on another thread .
So... how bout some close ups on that baby.
Lets check her out.
[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 05-20-2007, 10:54 PM

Thanx guys I found out it is a Bank Angle Sensor its located above the headlite. Go n to ck it now .

Old 05-20-2007, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

I believe your original post was already answered on another thread .
So... how bout some close ups on that baby.
Lets check her out.
[sm=Flahssssss.gif]
+1 feel free to wear a matching bikini