Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ban Crotch Rockets!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ban Crotch Rockets!!!

Name:  deadhorse.gif
Views: 58
Size:  12.7 KB

Old 06-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

The real question is this...How is it I never heard them called bullet bikes???

Old 06-02-2007, 10:28 AM

Yes its sad that the rider was exceeding the speed limits. What I think the real problem is that the officer in question tried to do. He clearly exceeded his driving abilities. What he esentially tried to do was kill the rider in question. He purposely swerved in front of the rider and tried to get him to crash. Why not call for backup and get three for four other officers to contain the vehicle? I lived in DC for three years and know that there were more that enough officers during that time to safely contain the situation, instead the officer felt his duty to overextend his abilities and cause the death of a rider. Its unfortunate the situation happend at all but the officer is probably to blame for the crash more than anyone.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity
1. I think any rider who tries to evade arrest needs his license revoked for 15 years...if not permanately.

2. 2 killed...and 15 injured due to one car being STRUCK...BY...AN...OFFICER'S...PATROL CAR....NOT A MOTORCYCLE.

This is all political posturing by a lawmaker in a state that should be sold off to France anyway...
Brilliant! I completely agree..... unfortunatelyeven France won't take them. I kept noticing the fact that the accident's werecaused byhits from the police car. Seems like instead of banning motorcycles (although I agree that anyone who runs should be banned from riding) they should update their policy on chases.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

With the technology available i am surprised they dont have some kind of camera that can zoom in from a 100 yards or so away to take a plate, then they could back off. I can however sorta understand why they chase sometimes, how many people even on this board have said they would run? Now you make a no chase bike policy and even more will run because they know its a free pass, there has to be some good solution to keep law, and to keep people safe without banning bikes.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:42 PM

well i guess we are gonna have to ban automobiles too cause people evade arrest in those also...[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 06-02-2007, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Dealer

The motorcycle rider swerved in front of a civilian car and sped away, causing the officer's car to hit the civilian's.

Proof that the officer was operating his vehicle outsideof theirability to control it. Were that you or I, it would be us facing a reckless driving violation. That officer caused the crash, most likely due to his inexperience (I'm guessing he's young, why else would he be doing a **** job like traffic patrol) and his testosterone took the wheel. He should be at the least reprimanded, discharged is the better scenario. Open for litigation by the real victims in this incident, which were the cage drivers.

Mike
+1 that was my thought.... seems like the officers reaction was the result of the accident... I am in no way condoning the Bike rider, I think they should be caught and made to pay for their actions. but to what means??... seems the the only time people notice bikes is when they watch American chopper or when some jack *** does something that brings us all to a bad light

Old 06-02-2007, 11:25 PM

This is definetly a very hot topic. A lot of people are passing judgements and to me the article that I read really is not to clear. To me it tells the story but not the whole story. the article to me does not define exactly how the accident occurred. The article does not provide what the point of imapct, where the vehicles collided together and on what portion of the roadway the point of imapct was. to some this is not important its automatically the cops fault. I am in no means saying that the cop may not have been at fault but as a Traffic Homicide Investigator there are a lot of unanswered questions. Like estimated speeds of the patrol vehicle, civilian vehicle, estimated speed of suspect vehicle, where on roadway collision occurred, other traffic in the area. Most agencies that I have worked with will not pursue a motorcycle especally a sportbike. also most agencies do not have a helicopter ready all the times. In smaller counties and cities helicopters are ofter used for medical airlifts and fighting fires also, if the county even has one.. Helicopters may also be down for repairs or mechanical failure, so helicopters can not always be depended on.
BMG- you seem to put all fault on the cop. Now again I will say I am not trying to say the cop was right or not at fault but the accident occurred as a direct result of the motorcycle running from the police. If he never would have ran this never would have happened.
Dealer- You stated that the officer caused the crash most likely to lack of experience. I would like to see you prove this in any way from what the article says. Unless of course you know the officers involved or someone in the department? Also he had to be young or why else would he be doing a **** job like traffic patrol. Again how do you know his age? Why is it a **** job? Have you ever worked in law enforcement? If not how would you know what its like? TV, movies, or even worse news we all know the news is alway correct. I am 28 and work traffic patrol. I think its a great job where I get payed to ride a motorcycle, too bad its a Harley lol. Just curious how old are you? If the officer was at fault I do agree with the reprimand. And just for the record I have know cops that have been involved in accidents that did recieve citations for being at fault and causing the accident.
Munson - the motorcycle could have cause the officer to hit the vehcile. Now I have NO proof of this but this could be an example how. The motorcycle and police car are in the left lane lets say. The motorcycle moved to the right lane in front of a van. the motorcycle applies brakes in front of the van in the right lane causing the van to swerve to the left to avoid an accident. As the van swerves left at lets just say 55 mph directly in front of the cruiser traveling at lets say 100 mph. Not directly the fault of the officer hope you get the point of the example. Like I said I am not saying that this is what happened.
Telgren - please explain to me what the officer tried to do? please tell me how he was exceeded his driving limits? How did the officer try to kill the rider in question? where did the article say he purposely swerved in front of the motorcycle and tried to make him crash? Do you know how hard it is to keep up with a motorcycle with one vehicle let alone contain it with three or more? How did the officer overextend his abilities? no one even knows why the motorcycle was running in the first place.
I see that this is already a hate cop and its the cops fault thread. I a m not tring to add fuel to the fire. I feel that people are assuming to much with the little facts that I have read. I personally feel that there is not enought inf

Old 06-03-2007, 12:20 AM

Yeah, i think high speed chases should be left for the aircraft stuffs. I know that in town, the officers cannot pursue anything over like 10 mph over the speed limit if you evade arrest.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: rtbconstrictors

the article that I read really is not to clear. it does not define exactly how the accident occurred.
What do you mean? Of course it does...

"Motorcyclist runs from lawful traffic stop..."

Seems pretty simple to me. Not saying we don't need accountability on the officers behalf... but the fact remains.

It wouldn't have happened had the motorcyclist pulled over. Plain and simple.

Quick Reply: Ban Crotch Rockets!!!