Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bad weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad weekend...

But could have been worse I guess. So as you may or may not know I picked up an 07 600RR last Thursday. Love the thing. Well this weekend I want to ride it so I take the plate off my F4i, put it on the RR and head out. I go get my haircut come out to start the bike, hit the fun button and all it does is click. I am like you have got to be F'ing kidding me. I have only had this bike for 48 hours and its dead. So my brother comes and push starts it (it actually push starts very easy). Tomorrow I am going to take the battery to Honda and have them test it. If it is bad then I will just swap it out of my F4i. If it is good I guess I have to test my stator. Then I go to put the plate back on my F4i so I take it off then I think to myself I should snap some pics of the RR so I put the plate on the back of my truck, grab my camera and take some pics. I put the RR away go inside and my g/f says we need to go to the store so we hop in my truck and drive away totally forgetting my plate is on the back. Get back to my place and I suddenly remember and yell out a few choice words and start back tracking hoping to find my plate on the side of the road but with no luck so now my plate is gone and I can't ride either bike Rant over.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:04 AM

wow....that really sucks man...

my buddy kinda had the same thing happen to him

he bought a 07 gsxr from the dealer one previous owner and on his ride home from the dealer ship went to gas station came out and all it did was click click click....long story short the dealer ship fixed it but it took about a week and a half to get it back

hope you find ur plate

Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing with my bike. I picked it up and it started right away. Tried to start it later and the battery was dead. Luckily it only needed a good charge as I haven't had any problems since.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by crashking
long story short the dealer ship fixed it but it took about a week and a half to get it back

hope you find ur plate
I bought mine off craigslist so I think I am SOL on going back to him for a new battery. The bike has 2600 miles on it so it sat most of its life and I am hoping that is why the battery died.

Thanks man me too!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:51 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i told u man its a sign from god that ur not supposed to have a bike and give it to me for cmas... lol

just sayin

Old 10-11-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
I bought mine off craigslist so I think I am SOL on going back to him for a new battery. The bike has 2600 miles on it so it sat most of its life and I am hoping that is why the battery died.

Thanks man me too!

his gixxer had only 4500 miles so I think it could still be the stator...

but ill be optmistic(spell??) and its prolly just the battery

and you can give it to me for xmas...ive been a good boi this year....so far anyway

Old 10-11-2010, 02:48 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Wow it looks like the xmas is going to cost me a lot of money. I better get a 2nd and 3rd job.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:54 PM

dont forget to keep us informed about what was wrong...im very curious

Old 10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by crashking
dont forget to keep us informed about what was wrong...im very curious
Will Do. It won't be until Thursday though cause tonight I have to go to the DMV and try to get a new plate, tomorrow the dealer closes early so Thursday after work I'll swing by and have it tested.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Will Do. It won't be until Thursday though cause tonight I have to go to the DMV and try to get a new plate, tomorrow the dealer closes early so Thursday after work I'll swing by and have it tested.

good luck hope all goes well

Quick Reply: Bad weekend...