Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bad Shop Experiences?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Shop Experiences?

So, called the local bike shop to get my new tires mounted.

Shop owner answers the phone, he ask "did you buy the tires from us"? I replied "no, i needed them by tuesday so I ordered them from a local distributer who had them to me Monday".

This was swiftly followed by a "Go f*** yourself, try supporting local business next time" followed by a click.

I am in the auto service industry and could never imagine a shop manager/owner treating a customer like this. I was completely taken back

Old 09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Evidently his business is prosperous enough he feels he doesn't need more customers. Grant his wish and tell everyone you know locally about it

Old 09-15-2010, 04:58 PM

Wow. I'm an auto business owner myself and I wouldn't dream of doing that (much as I might want to at times). There is now way. I would call them back and tell them if they can't have the parts you need when you need them then they'd better check into new suppliers. And in the meantime that you're going to tell everyone that you know how you were treated. What a ****tard. Wow. Just wow. And as if you weren't trying to support a local business by letting them mount them. That kinda pissed me off just reading it. Tell them to get ****ed.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:59 PM

i already did. my co-worker was sitting next to me and heard it all. We build complete custom trucks/jeeps as a package so we deal with customers all day long. never ever would I think that a customer is wrong. I may try to guide them in the right direction but the customer is always right.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:15 PM

I had a similar incident at the local Honda shop. Bought a rim and tire already mounted, just needed a balance. Took it in and the shop manager said if we didn't sell you the tire or mount it, no dice. Checked two other dealers and a tire shop, who would all do it no problem, and took it to the Yamaha dealer for a quick cheap and easy balance.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:44 AM

Wow. I'd be telling everyone that I knew that rides about that.

I was at a local shop talking in the lady in charge or gear a couple months ago and online stores came up. She'd said a lot of people go in to try gear on for size so they can order it online. They don't say that of course but she says you can usually tell. She said she doesn't mind so much because at least they are wearing gear.

I'll try to shop locally if I can, it's nice to be able to get something instantly/try it one. But if it's significantly cheaper online I'll just order it because at the end of the day it's my dollar I've got the be worried about.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:46 AM

its like that everywhere. I have customers who come in and look at ARB and AEV bumpers and watch is install them on Jeep's then go order them online.

Usually in 2 weeks they bring their Jeep to us in pieces crying and b**chin about how tough it was and how they ordered a wrong bracket or something. Always helps to go to your local shop of specialty

Old 09-20-2010, 12:09 PM

The customer is not always right.....I've worked in some form of customer service my whole life it seems, retail, support, whatever.

The customer is, however, to be treated with respect, because as an employer once told me "That customer is your paycheck, make sure you take care of em."

If the customer is wrong, then you explain it to them, if they don't wanna hear it or can't be educated, there are ways to let them know they might need to look elsewhere for advice. At no point should it be done in a manner that makes them go hop on the internet and start railing about you.

That place screwed the pooch on all counts - never grace them with your business again.

I've got a local place that mounts tires for $10 a pop if you bring in just the wheel with the old tire on it. That's regardless of if you bought the new tire from them or not. the guy that owns the place did the work for me last time, and I asked him if that price is just cause I ordered the tires from him, and he said "No, that's my regular rate. I'd rather get a customer in here, looking around my shop, and make him a repeat customer, than turn him away and make nothing."

Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 PM

well i wont mention any names(purcels honda of jax), but i took my cherry F2 in for a new set of tires, and upon returning to pick up my bike, i notice that the beautiful white paint on my front wheel had been scratched by the installer, he used the iron not the teflon ride to put the new tire on and killed the finish, now i can let a few things slide, but my fantastic looking white rims on my perfect F2? i dont think so... the manager was very polite(not at all) and told me theres nothing he can do about it and that is what happens when you get yer tires changed.(WTF)..i walked back with him and said show me another bike with f-ed up rims, he couldnt show me any. i asked how all those new hondas got tires on without killin the wheels..chirp chirp no answer...freinds dont let freinds go to a bad shop , i tell everyone to stay away from there...

Old 09-20-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
well i wont mention any names(purcels honda of jax), but i took my cherry F2 in for a new set of tires, and upon returning to pick up my bike, i notice that the beautiful white paint on my front wheel had been scratched by the installer, he used the iron not the teflon ride to put the new tire on and killed the finish, now i can let a few things slide, but my fantastic looking white rims on my perfect F2? i dont think so... the manager was very polite(not at all) and told me theres nothing he can do about it and that is what happens when you get yer tires changed.(WTF)..i walked back with him and said show me another bike with f-ed up rims, he couldnt show me any. i asked how all those new hondas got tires on without killin the wheels..chirp chirp no answer...freinds dont let freinds go to a bad shop , i tell everyone to stay away from there...
When I went to get my bike inspected at the dealership, I took a complete closeup walk around video of my bike and a pull out shot to show it was at their dealership.

Guaranteed if they so much as scratched Ororo, I'd have to decide whose lawyers to use: mine or my insurance company's. Regardless, I'd get a new fairing outta the deal. There isn't anything in any work agreement that I've ever signed that releases a mechanic from damaging your vehicle

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad Shop Experiences?