Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Audio Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Audio Systems?

I'm old school: Not much space to work with, so ...
2 Rockford Fosgate 12"
2 RF 10"
All in box (2 facing up, 2 forward)
1 RF Punch 40x2
1 RF Punch 200x2
1 Kenwood EQ
2 Image Dynamics Crossovers
12 Disc Changer
Eclipse Head Unit
4 Tweeters
4 Mids
2 Concert style speakers (don't know what you call it but they're the long part you see at the top of concert speakers ... it was the only thing that would fit)

All sounds awesome but too much work .. I'm just keeping my next car stock.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, this reminds me of high school. I had two 10" Infinity subs running through a Profile California amp. Speakers all around were Pioneer with a Pioneer head unit. It's damn hard fitting a system like that in a Jeep Wrangler. But I can't say enough good things about Pioneer, that head unit I still use in my current wrangler, never fails.
my friends and I would roll up to the party just bumpin, haha. Good times. I sold all my **** for a pittance a year or two ago. It was just sitting in the basement taking up space, and I guess I just grew out of it. But man, that stuff was all that mattered back in the day.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:48 PM

If you wanna save some money get your wires from a welding shop. Many different gauges and can carry lots of watts/amps.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: elmer

Ah, this reminds me of high school. I had two 10" Infinity subs running through a Profile California amp. Speakers all around were Pioneer with a Pioneer head unit. It's damn hard fitting a system like that in a Jeep Wrangler. But I can't say enough good things about Pioneer, that head unit I still use in my current wrangler, never fails.
my friends and I would roll up to the party just bumpin, haha. Good times. I sold all my **** for a pittance a year or two ago. It was just sitting in the basement taking up space, and I guess I just grew out of it. But man, that stuff was all that mattered back in the day.
ha ya i know what you mean that was the think to talk about and buy/sell/trade

Old 02-23-2008, 07:51 PM

I'm 26 and back in the day it was the main attraction. I had a wild stereo in my old box grand am in high school and yes many mirrors fell off the windshield. I have a lil somethin in my new car now I have 2 12'fosgate p2's and a fosgate 400.1 amp I think thats the number anyway it's 400 watts and a sealed box with JVC head unit. It is a bit much but you just have to be an adult and not turn it up too far but when some teens pull up on me at lights and their shovin rap and the I turn up some metal or some motley crue and it's louder than theirs it's funny to see their faces. Not that my car is old looking it is an 02 sentra with 17' bronze 10 spokes and the car is all blacked out with 5% tint it is kinda grown up looking well maybe not (good I'm not an older person yet)

Old 02-23-2008, 09:50 PM

i used to have 2 xplod 12s and a 1200 watt rockford amp in my s10
i built the box for the ext cab of my s10 and it had incredible sound quality - not overly loud though

i need to put some bump back in it

Old 02-24-2008, 02:23 AM

..yeah i have soemthing that ll blow all your minds away..
i have stock speakers from the year 1990..oh yeah. that 2 speakers rattle..and the front left one..well thatone is cracked so bad that..it looks like the grand canyon.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:57 AM

car: alpine cd player (xover'd at 120 lp and 120 hp)goin into a rockford punch 50x4 which is powering mb quart 3 way 6x9's in the rear deck and 5.25" mb quart seperates in the front doors and a rockford power 150x2 powerin a alpine 12" r series dual 4 ohm sub in a sealed box in the trunk. sorry dont remember the model numbers of it all off the top of my head lol
home: yamaha rx-v730 reciever, sony dvd player,sony cd player,dvr, samsung 40" lcd hdtv
energy take5.2 surround system with the energy 8" powered sub, infinity reference 5 towers, and a polk audio 12" powered sub

now if i were rich it would be much better

Old 02-25-2008, 03:27 PM

yea i used to spend way too much money on speakers... well not too much compared to some of you guys... but for the amount of money i had... i was spending too much.

i had the MTX10s with an decent MTX amp... then i got the 10W0's then i got the 12W1v2's, but i got 4 ohm, so bridged they were two ohm and i ended up blowin my amp... so i got a new amp. JL had an "E series" amp for a while, so i got a 400 watt e series which is pretty nice. thats what i like about JL, i say i have a 400 watt amp and ppl are like "yea right, theres no way thats only 400" but thats just b/c almost everyother audio company over rates their amps to the wattage you can only get in a lab w. perfect conditions... so alotof those2000 watt MAX POWER amps are exactly that... MAX POWER (that your never gonna get in your car) lol.

yea my dream in the W7
i have a friend how has a 12W7 in his trailblazer with a 1000/1 JL amp and it is crazy, and alst week this guy we know from school came thru and said "u want another 12W7 for 250 bucks?" so he picked it up and he has 2 12W7 runnin on a JL 1000/1 amp... its crazy... ive only heard one system louder than his and its hte one in the speakers shop here in town and its a old style VW Beetle w. 2 13W7s and a 1000/1 JL amp goin to each one 15 seconds in that car made my ears ring for like 25 minutes

Old 02-25-2008, 03:48 PM

Let's see... I'm at work and trying to remember what all I have... it's sitting on top of my toolbox, or inside it... not heard it bump since I... well... owned a car of my own to put it in! haha... anyways... let's see...

I've got 1 12" Sony xplode sub in a sealed box running on a 1200 watt sony xplode 2 channel amp, bridge down to 1 channel at 2ohms. 2 JBL 10's in a bandpass box running off a 400w x2 Kicker amp. A Jensen 100w x4 amp for running any number of speakers in any number of ways, and like, 4-5 different head-units, mostly pioneer. A whole mix of Sony/Pioneer speakers in 6 1/2, 6x9, and fords weird 6x8 sizes... plus a 1 farad cap., enough wire to run 3 or 4 cars (2 guage and smaller), some real nice Shielded RCA's, some wound RF speaker wire, blah blah. A ton of stuff. I'd sell most of it if someone walked up with some decent cash in hand! haha.

Hell, I've even got the wiring to add on an aftermarket xm satalite radio pickup to any radio, 1 or 2 car alarms (in many pieces), and even one of those devices that'll shut your car off if you haven't entered the special code, called a "Payment Device". Designed to shut a car down if you don't pay your bill on time. Craziness.

Quick Reply: Audio Systems?