Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Attn: North Texans S. Oklahomans AR. La.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Attn: North Texans S. Oklahomans AR. La.

This weekend Dec 5th (sorry for the late notice) in Mc.Kinney, Tx. 45 min North of Dallas there is a Toys for Tots toy run in conjunction with the Dallas Stars and the Marine Corps. Admission is 1 toy or $10.00; can't beat that!! I would like to see if any members from this area will be there. Let me know. Here is the link.

http://www.dfw-tft-mr.com/

Should be pretty big. These things are usually mostly Harleys. I would like to see a bigger sportbike group and sport tourer in my case (1000f)

Thanks,
Patrick

Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are expecting some cold a$$ weather over this weekend. Good chance of snow and if not some sorta freezing precip. Its just a matter of where it will drop at. We know where it is just not where it will fall.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM

I thought cold and dry. Might be cold for a trip from Shreveport. I don't htink I have seen the long term forecast.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We(as in military) are issuing a special weather note telling the bases to prep for weather. We are looking into it pretty deep and for some reason it looks like itll affect the coasts more than the north. Goes against everything we have learned since the coast is always warmer. So dallas should be passed. Maybe some scattered showers for a brief period but its still 48 hours out so its hard to tell because so much can change in just an hour.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:24 PM

Happened that way last year, too.

Military.........So you mean to say the weather machine is set for Saturday. Keep that thing pointed at the coast would ya.

Hope it goes well. Looks like from the response I am getting It'll be just me and the Sons of Algebra.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:31 AM

Bump: How could you ignore those little Tot's

Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 PM

Bump!!!! 12 hrs!!!! Post if your coming!!!
26f and clear. Should be fine!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 08:05 AM

Hey we got a break!!!! It is not 26f it is 30f and warming. Really a beautiful day. Us Texans don't have the gear for this chit!!!! Longjohns here I come!!!!!

Post if your going, I will be leaving in 30 to 45 min. sooooooooooo.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:24 AM

BTW CBRFenatic:
You were spot on with your weather forecast. Clear here (still cold enough, like you said) Houston is feeling it though. That weather gun sure is accurate. hehehe.

DFW CBR owners:
If you don't go find a way to help the less fortunate. there are plenty of place to drop off a toy. Wish I had posted this early enough to meet a few of the CBR family.

I'm doing it and I am pretty broke. I even had the do I really need a bike when I am this broke, discussion. But she is paid for and my main means of transport, also if I don't hit it too hard at the lights it gets good mileage. These are the times I feel blessed I mean I AM BROKE and unemployed but still have it pretty good compared to some.

Anyhow, maybe next year; and find a toy drop off point!!!!
Thanks,
Patrick

Old 12-05-2009, 09:05 AM

BTW CBRFenatic:
You were spot on with your weather forecast. Clear here (still cold enough, like you said) Houston is feeling it though. That weather gun sure is accurate. hehehe.

DFW CBR owners:
If you don't go find a way to help the less fortunate. there are plenty of place to drop off a toy. Wish I had posted this early enough to meet a few of the CBR family.

I'm doing it and I am pretty broke. I even had the do I really need a bike when I am this broke, discussion. But she is paid for and my main means of transport, also if I don't hit it too hard at the lights it gets good mileage. These are the times I feel blessed I mean I AM BROKE and unemployed but still have it pretty good compared to some.

Anyhow, maybe next year; and find a toy drop off point!!!!
Thanks,
Patrick

Quick Reply: Attn: North Texans S. Oklahomans AR. La.