Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Attention computer gurus!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 03:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Attention computer gurus!

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

BTW, make fun if you will of Vista, but it is really nice, and sooner or later all you PC users will have it; just like everyone now runs XP.
I use Mac, therefore, your Vista buggies can't touch me.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rrasco

if you used a backup prog then it probably put it in a format where it can also restore. use the same prog to mount them......a little insider information here, i have been using vista since november (full release) and i have had no issues. other than some software not working, but most things can be run in comaptibility mode. all other issues have to do with UAC, user account control, and the fact that no one, not even domain admins will ever run as admin on vista. whenever there is an escalation is authentication needed, it will prompt you. it is also the ONLY operating system that does not need to be pathched for DST this year. everything else, and i mean everything else needs to be patched, all versions of windows server, outlook and windows other than 07 releases and vista.
Compatability mode???!~~!!??!?!?!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . AND, it WILL need patches.

I'm not about to get into a "who know's more" pissin match here, that's not my intentions. Nor am I feeling the need to give a resume' to justify my comment(s).

Old 03-02-2007, 08:31 AM

i found your problem. used a progam to make a backup. wtf is wrong with drag-N-drop???

Old 03-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

I've never used OneCare... certainly there is a way to decompress everything within OneCare. Do some asking around www.extremeovercocking.com.

Those guys over there know what they're talking about. It's sort of the like the CBR Forum of computers...

Old 03-02-2007, 10:53 AM

I dont think vista will reconize a HD that is formatted in FAT. You may have to use another computer and take everything off then reformat in NTFS and then place everything back on it

Old 03-04-2007, 03:11 PM

I used OneCare to back it up because the system has a color chart similar to our national terrorist alert scheme. Green is good, yellow is OK, and red is bad. Mine was popping up yellow and saying that attention was recommended. It said that I needed to backup some new music and photo files that had been added (and they had). There was a convenient little "backup now" button, so I clicked it! I didn't know it would lead to all this! I've learned my lesson: drag-and-drop from now on.
Also, after trying to find an answer on the Western Digital website, I found that the Passport can be formatted to NTFS. Only problem is, if I do it now, I'll lose all the data that I have on there. =o(

Old 03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Illushun

ORIGINAL: rrasco

if you used a backup prog then it probably put it in a format where it can also restore. use the same prog to mount them......a little insider information here, i have been using vista since november (full release) and i have had no issues. other than some software not working, but most things can be run in comaptibility mode. all other issues have to do with UAC, user account control, and the fact that no one, not even domain admins will ever run as admin on vista. whenever there is an escalation is authentication needed, it will prompt you. it is also the ONLY operating system that does not need to be pathched for DST this year. everything else, and i mean everything else needs to be patched, all versions of windows server, outlook and windows other than 07 releases and vista.
Compatability mode???!~~!!??!?!?!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . AND, it WILL need patches.

I'm not about to get into a "who know's more" pissin match here, that's not my intentions. Nor am I feeling the need to give a resume' to justify my comment(s).
of course its gonna need patches, just not for the DST issue. every piece of software will always need to be updated at some point.