F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Getting frustrated f4i gurus help me out

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting frustrated f4i gurus help me out

This is my post from a month or so ago and everything that was goin on

Originally Posted by kchad917
first let me give you some back round on the bike, 02 f4i 14,000 miles has factory sprockets and chain, pcIII (micron high mount map, no map for the m4 high mount) stock filter, m4 high mount exhaust, lowered 2 inches in the rear (rear shock had to be stiffend for the lowering plates to fit). ok the problem im have it the bike is hard a heck to clutch up it second gear, im fullly commited and and just cant get it to happen. Yesterday i was crusing in second around 6k pulled in the clutch hit 13k and released the clutch, the bike lifted 2 feet and came back down. i know these bikes are sit down champs even had a guy who does stunt try it with no dice, clutch seems to be fine but does let out all the way at the top of the clutch release. andy suggestions or pionters?
thanks
Now the changes I have made were a different map ( bike seems to ru. Better and pull harder) raised it back up and set the rear shock to factory dampness, I haven't rode much since that post. Today I had the bike out and figured I'm 2nd gear clutching this thing if it kills me, I hit a long straight rode with a friend on a busa, 30 mph pulled the clutch In have about quarter throttle and snapped the clutch out and nothing happened. So pissed off I slow back down pull the clutch bounce the limiter and the bike lifted 2 inches. Now I heard my weight (240) could be the issue but doubt it, second I heard the oil could be the issue and that's what I'm leaning towards, bike has standard oil not for a wet clutch. The other day I topped it off with valvoline made for the wet clutch and believe it or not the bike was coming up, now I have nothing.
Sorry for the rant I'm just frustrated
Thanks
Kevin

Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump

Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just keep practicing.
It seems like your not giving it enough throttle.
Just because your RPM's are at 13k doesn't mean the front will pop up, You need to stay on the throttle. It seems it is the most common mistake for people learning wheelies, They don't stay on the throttle.
a WOT at 5k rpms will pop way higher then a 1/4 turned throttle at 13K rpms.
It seems to me it is just improper technique.