Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Article about bikes in the local paper

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Article about bikes in the local paper

http://www.northjersey.com/news/New_...re_deaths.html

what i think is funny is that the guy in the picture is preaching safety but isnt even wearing any gloves haha

Old 05-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Default RE: Article about bikes in the local paper

i didnt catch this before but it was pointed out that one of the bikes talked about was a "2004 Kawi 650r" though that model was not even produced until 2006, someone doesnt have thier facts straight

Old 05-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Banned

^^^It's a newspaper, they always mess up the names.

Seemed like a nood article, non-biased and informative. Our paper bucks salls...

Old 05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered Users

i do think the comment about mandating a safety course as being "anti-freedom" is pretty stupid though....

i mean, i understand cars don't have a safety course...they probably should....i mean heck, kids have to take driver's ed...i think....bottom line though, our lives are at a much greater risk and i would rather be forced to learn the right ways then say...."we're not gonna let the MAN tell us what to do"....that's just dumb when it comes to your own safety....

it's almost as if they are saying i'm not taking a safety course out of principle....and there's no wonder why people who don't take the course are more likely to get themselves hurt....ugh...people are so damn stupid...

Old 05-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The state Division of Highway Traffic Safety culled data from crashes involving 187 motorcycle fatalities between 2002 and 2006. The study found that 182 of the motorcyclists killed had never been to a training course.
Somehow....I don't find this all that shocking. Good article.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Retired Moderator

“We think it would be kind of discriminatory, since drivers of cars don’t have to take safety training. Plus, we’re for freedom and liberty.”
Okay, Abate dude, feel free to spill your brains all over the highway. Godbless America.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

I personally believe safety courses SHOULD be mandatory without doubt. Here in PA, it's 2 nights of studying text and lecture, and 2 days of actual riding...is 4 days really worth bitching and moaning about people, really?!? Those 4 days cover many items that even moderately experienced riders already know, but I think everybody can take something from it. Plus the class times are very convenient, though they fill up quickly.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 PM

Are there any advanced MSF classes for people already with their liscences? So i dont have to go through that how to shift, how to clutch stuff...??

Old 05-05-2008, 08:30 PM

wait, PA requires you to take a safety course to get your lisence? I have my class-M endorsement and didn't know that lol.... MSF course ftw!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

Are there any advanced MSF classes for people already with their liscences? So i dont have to go through that how to shift, how to clutch stuff...??
You're from NY, so I dunno, but PA DOES offer the advanced course where you use your own bike as well. It's also much shorter.

Quick Reply: Article about bikes in the local paper