Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Army of Two

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Army of Two

ORIGINAL: woo545

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Ferris wheel scene can be defeated by using one of the metal ticket booths as cover, planting all of your claymores, planting all of your C4 close, and not playing on Veteran. My buddy and I were playing veteran there, and even with the cover of the bullet proof ticket booth, it was nearly impossible. I have never seen so many grenade indicators on my screen at one time. Nuts.
Yeah, I was avoiding putting the solution up here. I might have been playing still took about 10 tries all huddled down in the box. Kept having to toss the grenades back out. The game play leading up to that point was really cool...but I thought that scene was unnecessarily difficult, at least in contrast to the rest of the game.

The Escapist review of CoD4 (link)
(spoilers)
Yeah, hiding in that ticket booth won't necessarily save you (as you mentioned), so I figured it'd be safe to mention.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:44 AM

The Escapist review of CoD4 (link)
(spoilers)
^^lmao..." some guns take so long to reload, it would be easier to send out for a new one by mail order"

Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always die on reload. Ok, so all this talk and no play. I will be on around 6pm CST, GT: SUBCRIM. Bring your skills! If you send me an friend invite and my list is full, well, send me a message if you can so I can make room.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Ok, I liked COD4, but what annoyed me was the damn Ferris Wheel scene. Neat concept, but I kept getting my a$$ handed to me. I've more recently started play Battlefield 2 again. Primarily because I happen to have 2 copies, and my neighbor wanted to play something other than Starcraft. I just love flying the helicopters. Can't do that in COD4.

Ferris wheel scene can be defeated by using one of the metal ticket booths as cover, planting all of your claymores, planting all of your C4 close, and not playing on Veteran. My buddy and I were playing veteran there, and even with the cover of the bullet proof ticket booth, it was nearly impossible. I have never seen so many grenade indicators on my screen at one time. Nuts.

I lay next to my buddy cause I'm a soldier and I dont leave my buddy hangin. LOL Start shooting the guys in the distance. Then take out the guys that come from the ferris wheel. Then after the heli on the left drops the guys off, I run to them and stay next to the concrete wall (its curved which helps for cover). After that I just peak around the end of the wall (where I came from) and ta ta ta.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM

You people should be playing COD.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

You people should be playing COD.
+ a kabajillion

Old 03-11-2008, 10:47 PM

Ha, I was so tired today I came home and sat on the couch, turned on the tube, and fell asleep. I slept until about an hour ago. So, yeah, no COD for me today.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 AM

I beat it by running behind the bumper cars in the far corner after they started to overwhelm me. Then theres only 2 places they can come from and all you have to do is get used to prone, get up, shoot, prone, get up, shoot, etc. If I'm not mistaken you can see under it when your prone so you know when guys are coming. I think I beat it on the first try

Old 03-12-2008, 01:51 AM

I beat it by dropping off my buddy, and then going southeast like 10-20 yards there is a tree you can kneel behind for cover. Believe me its the best spot. Make sure you plant the C4 at entrances out where they come running in. Also plant some in the spot to the east behind the ferris wheel facing east. You'll just have to pop a couple people that come up on the ferris wheel platform and basically just shoot the farthest guys till the helicopter gets there.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

I beat it by dropping off my buddy, and then going southeast like 10-20 yards there is a tree you can kneel behind for cover. Believe me its the best spot. Make sure you plant the C4 at entrances out where they come running in. Also plant some in the spot to the east behind the ferris wheel facing east. You'll just have to pop a couple people that come up on the ferris wheel platform and basically just shoot the farthest guys till the helicopter gets there.
+ 1

I hid behind the same tree, only i placed my c4 on the cars so the explosion was huge and sometimes a double explosion

PS:
if you play on PC (cod) You can lean left and right wich means
you can peek around corners without moving you whole body makes Snipin intersting