Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Arizona's unwritten laws?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona's unwritten laws?

Ok so here's the deal. I just moved to Arizona, more specifically to the phoenix area. Now I really want to take the bike out for a ride, but my family is looking for the license plate in their garage in San Diego. In cali I used to ride all the time without plates and no one seemed to care. As long as I wasn't doing anything stupid, seemed like the cops didn't bother. I'd really just like to at least ride to work but does anyone have any ideas as how the cops react out here to that. I understand the laws, I'm asking about their kind of unwritten guidelines. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, really not as hot as everyone makes it out to be. Looking forward to the rides out here

Old 09-08-2010, 02:35 AM

haha you just got here. when u ride in 120 degrees you'll change your mind. as far as cops go out here make sure everything is legit on your bike or expect to get pulled over. ive gotten pulled over for no plate, no mirrors, no plate, etc. so get yor plate on the bike and also a license plate light unless you don't mind being stopped.

also here's arizona traffic laws
http://www.azleg.gov/ArizonaRevisedS...s.asp?Title=28

Old 09-08-2010, 02:37 AM

here is some other sights and forums to check out for phx az area
www.aztrackday.com
www.devil-riders.com
www.azsportbikes.org

Old 09-08-2010, 06:36 AM

You can always play dumb when you get pulled over and pretend that it must have fallen off.

BUT don't show back up tomorrow with a post about how much cops in AZ suck because they gave you a ticket.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Don't be a wuss. Get out there and ride.

Name:  SeizetheOpportunity.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  33.1 KB

Old 09-09-2010, 09:51 PM

Haha thanks for the inspiration Nate! Just what I needed to see. I looked at the trackdays out here which I will be doing soon and if I did get stopped, I would play dumb. Couldn't possibly tell them I knew I didn't have a license plate. Just heard they like to really try and get bikes out here.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:41 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by cbrrush
Just heard they like to really try and get bikes out here.

lol dude its not just there trust me haha...

first day i had my bike i got pulled over bc the cop couldnt see my plates (i had them on) he let me off though bc i had just bought the bike

Old 09-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
lol dude its not just there trust me haha...

first day i had my bike i got pulled over bc the cop couldnt see my plates (i had them on) he let me off though bc i had just bought the bike
get back in the garage.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:54 PM

depends on where you live. I passed a trooper today almost dragging a knee and waved and he waved back. Seems like TN and AZ are tough on it though

Old 09-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I did a 500 mile ride on a rented Harley near scottsdale last time I was in Arizona. Recorded some of the vid on my blackberry and uploaded it to Youtube. The weather there is really weird and I'm from Texas.. We started out and it was about 73 it felt cold *granted I was a squid and not wearing a jacket*

By 3 though It was 120 and I got so sunburned and hot I honestly wanted to crash the bike in a river I was so hot :P

Quick Reply: Arizona's unwritten laws?