Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ARGH WHY Closing THREADS?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ARGH WHY Closing THREADS?!?!

better watch it before i lock this one and BAN YOU! LOL....im just kidding.

i dont know, seems there was alot of drama around that one post and i dont get the big deal, BUT people did get offended whether or not they should have is another story and discussion. point being very blunt, motorcycle forum, off topic needs to be moderated too, we have been down the political road before and in all reality, we dont need all those posts about nothing, even though i couldnt stop reading......we realize the need to blow off some steam, but threads go pretty far, and when members start getting offended with the content in this certain scenario, that thread needed to die as it did and that should be that.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which one did they close?

MDFF

Old 02-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

you know Seinfeld did very well for being a show about nothing

Old 02-07-2007, 03:22 PM

Its doesnt come down to the fact of reading it if its in over an 18 or over thread. Thats not the point. The point is that is went into things that certain people are not comfortable with, and some of it being offensive. With the "gore" topic, its kind of had to push peoples buttons with a picture of a crash or whatever it may be. I understand your point, in a sense. But when you start having sex talk or pointless flirting in the way that it was conducted, can be offensive more so than it is worth keeping the topic open. If you want to flirt with each other and talk your sex talk, do it in a PM where there is not possibility of it being offensive. Most pictures on here are done with a motorcycle crash, or this or that, which has some relevency, no not totally, but its a statement. Point being, what I said in the other two threads. Now there are 3 of these threads talking about that one thread being banned. Do you kind of get the idea on how this is turning into something it shouldnt be. Why do we have 3 threads on the first page talking about the same crap with a thread being close. It wasnt one persons decision. It was deemed that there was nothing in there that was at all useful to anyone. YES, it is an OFF TOPIC thread, everyone understands that, believe it or not. However, there is a point of where things need to be controlled. Why is this getting so out of hand that we need 3 different threads to discuss this???? Explain why a thread about sex and useless flirting and conversation needs to keep going. Its a pointless tease thread. Yes, I understand people need to vent and rant, but not for 30+ pages that turns into a sex page. If people would participae a fraction of what they did in that thread towards ROTM, that would be huge. But noone wants to take the time to do that. Its closed already, more than 1 person was complaining, and whether you were posting in there or not, it went from a topic that was interesting into a topic with NO topic. I dont understand why this needs to turn into a big ordeal.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:09 PM

i'm curious to what was posted to bring all this on, anyone want to spill the details?

Old 02-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Someone needs to have a stick drug out their *** basically. I mean this in a humorous manner but this is starting to get out of hand. But I love stirring the pot.

Get'em Compulady5! Get'em!

Old 02-07-2007, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: compulady5

Sorry- I don't agree.

Then open a subforum for it. It's everwhere, I don't understand why not here if there's a calling for it.

Ok eclipse, then here's another something for you...During such a time when a member(s) doesn't have anything to contribute at the time, but still would like to participate on the board, they hang out wherever. You shouldn't condemn those who have nothing to say other than, "I like cheese" in the middle of a tech post.. C'mon.
Where in my post did I say I want people just posting random crap where it shouldn't be????? Cause if I said that please point that out to me. All that I was getting at is that there shouldnt be this big ordeal over this because a thread got closed, and I wish people would participate half as much to the ROTM and such as they did in that thread. Thats all. I believe now all of this is getting out of hand, just because some people didnt think it was right. I cannot control what has already been done, nor can anyone else. But there was just about a unanoymous decision between those who it was discussed between. Everyone can have there fun, but try to do it in a way were everyone is respected. Thats all. No one is pointing any fingers, no one is saying anyone is in trouble, or any of that. It was a proactive decision in all to make sure it stopped where it was. That's all, and know people are making this to be way more than it nees to be. If you want to "Break the Record", start a thread to do it, but dont start if off as one thing and then get work up to sex and sexual innuendos. People have to deal with this stuff. They "had to deal with reading it" now it has to be "dealt with being closed" I dont know why this has to go on.

Quick Reply: ARGH WHY Closing THREADS?!?!