Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Arais' better at not fogging?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arais' better at not fogging?

Hey al. Do Arai helmets keep the fog down on the faceshield better than Shoei? Reason I ask is that I have a Shoei rf1000 and no matter what I do the visor fogs up at the slightest bit of cool weather, so I gotta crack the visor open, and freeze the hell outta my face if I go for any distance. I see the Arai faceshiels with the little vents in them.....does this help, or anyboddy got any tips for my Shoei?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Default RE: Arais' better at not fogging?

from my experince the arai's are better at not fogging up but no shield is completely fog proof irregardless of what icon says lol

Old 01-10-2007, 11:45 PM

Although I haven't sported a Shoei, I have an Arai. And like all helmets, it depends on the weather. I had to ride through sleet (sticky) once for three hours and nothing I could do reduced the fog other then cracking the visor.
My Arai had two vents on top (top and rear), above each eye in the visor, and the mouth. I am looking to get rid of it CHEAP. It's a little big on me and my new CHEAP helmet is much quieter (although fogs easier) and the Arai doesn't really match my new bike.
Let me know if you're interested and what not. I believe the style is called Kiwi, but I'm not positive.

There's also another thing you could try. Go to a paintball shop and get any thermal lens kit you think matches up best and mount that inside your helmet. They work great for paintball, should in a bike helmet too (same material). They also make an anti-fog wipe for helmets now too, but be CAREFUL which one you pick, they can eat and crack your lens if you use the wrong kind.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

No piece of plastic is fog-proof.

The only way you can eliminate it is by wearing a tight face mask that actually ventilates your breath. When I wear my balaclava, it helps a ton butif I hit a stoplight the visor has to come up.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:35 AM

Put some rain-x anti-fog on that sucker.

MDFF

Old 01-11-2007, 12:39 AM

Rain X cracks some plastics coatings.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:02 AM
VP

AFX makes a helmet with battery powered fans and a built in LED ... only thing is it is heavy as hell and the fans don't really work that well but it was a good idea

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...lightforce.htm

Old 01-11-2007, 01:05 AM

I have 3 Arai helmets, 2 RX-7 Corsairs and an older Quantum all 3 fog up in cool weather unless I crack the visor a little bit. It seems to be really bad when the temperature is below 40. It normally stays fairly clear while I am moving but at stop lights I have to raise the shield. I have not tried applying any type of anti-fog. Its only a problem for me in South Texas in December and January.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:46 AM

i have a shoei rf1000, arai rx-7 corsair, and i just got a scorpion exo-700. between the shoei and the arai, the arai was better at keeping the fog off. it "breathed" better than the shoei. a friend of mine has the scorpion exo-400 and he says it never fogs up on him even when he rides at 4am to work. i used the scorpion today for the first time and it never fogged up. if i were to use the arai i would have to pop the shield open at every stop. i would even have to open it on the freeway when going slow. with the scorpion i never had to pop the shield open.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:41 AM

my KBC Force S doesn't fog up at all.

Quick Reply: Arais' better at not fogging?