Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Arai Find.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arai Find.

Found a Arai vector shogun size xl for $289! I know arai is a good brand but never owned one ($500 is too much for me!) So tellme is it better than my scorpion exo-700? Worth $289?

Attached Thumbnails Arai Find.-helment.jpg  

Last edited by bubba_finch07; 05-22-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 PM

worth the price..as its an arai

Old 05-22-2010, 01:37 PM

I have google'd it, just wanted some personal opinions.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:42 PM

over 600 euros they are over in lreland..all the best racers seem to use them over here in europe...i have had 4/5 arais over the years..never had any trouble with them..can be noisy as well

Old 05-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by b mahony
worth the price..as its an arai
qft

Old 05-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had two now Finch, both Quantum F's - I found them to be excellent for fit, good noise level and worth the money. My next one will be another Arai, with removable liner which in our hot climate is a must.......
I've never even seen a Scorpio, so can't help on the comparison, sorry.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:58 PM

I like my Arai.. All except for changing the visor... what a PINA. But Its light, has great cooling, decent shield visibility, good options to change the fit such as different cheek pads and everthing is removable for cleaning. But in all honesty, I just bought an HJC IS-16 for 140, it has the slide down inner dark visor, removable liner. and its more comfortable and lighter than my Arai, and has great cooling. So my Arai sits on the shelf most of the time.

better than your scorpion? depends on what you feel is the defination of better. Lighter?.... maybe/ Better cooling?.... probably/ More comfortable?.... all depends on the shape of your head/Safer?.... probably the same/

If you really want an Arai, you'll be buying a great helmet, I just don't know that is better than your scorpion.

But an XL? thats a big helmet.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:51 PM

yea I gots a BIG gourd head. What can I say. Also I love my Scorpion EXO-700, It is actually really light, breaths great, and is the best fitting helmets I have ever had. Dunno I may get it just to compare.

Last edited by bubba_finch07; 05-22-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was recently shopping for helmets on e-bay and saw those postings, too. I passed it up because it's always been reinforced to me that "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is" and "you get what you pay for". Considering what your standard Arai is supposed to go for, there's gotta be some fishy reason why these guys have a batch of this particular design for so cheap. Then again, maybe people didn't dig the design and it's a bunch of overstock. Remember that it's still e-bay and it's always buyer beware.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raylee
I was recently shopping for helmets on e-bay and saw those postings, too. I passed it up because it's always been reinforced to me that "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is" and "you get what you pay for". Considering what your standard Arai is supposed to go for, there's gotta be some fishy reason why these guys have a batch of this particular design for so cheap. Then again, maybe people didn't dig the design and it's a bunch of overstock. Remember that it's still e-bay and it's always buyer beware.
They have them for $329 from Revzilla, on sale 44% off. That means its prolly last year's model. $40 savings over Revzilla so the eBay guys may be a lil more desperate to recoup their investment buying the stock.

I'd still get it from Revzilla if it were me tho. Their customer service is worth the $40 and they ship free.

Quick Reply: Arai Find.