Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ar-15 question... hardcorp? Shocktroop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ar-15 question... hardcorp? Shocktroop?

well i there are some cool looking ones out there i guess is why. not really needed. but i like to rapid fire that thing as much as the next guy so the decrease in muzzle rise will help. its just a lil toy. so why not add a bell or whistle or two.

as far as shooting people and all that the guy with 2 posts haha i dont shoot anything living with that xcept squerrils and if my "POS" malfunctions, thats okay. another praire dog or some paper is saved whooped de big f'n deal. 223 for deer ahahha thats kinda dumb the biggest thing i would hunt with 1 223 is a antlope. and as far as real guns go, i like my 700vls lol. i hadnt noticed that this was a m/c forum lol. go yell at people in the thong and cleavage showdown too, i dont think they are talking too much about hondas in there.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Friend and Hero ...

not the best damn looking thing on the market, but the original AK 74 break the round cylinder with two or three holes with what looked like a funnel shoved in it . Yes, that damn ugly one. If I remember correctly, in some tests actually showed it reduced muzzle climb significantly and a few years backit was offered for theAR platform. butcan notRemember who was manufacturing it though

Old 07-05-2008, 06:33 AM

ORIGINAL: thirteenthcor

isn't this a honda motorcycle forum? jesus.

Big J don't need guns. He zaps cocky posters with frickin' laser beams...fizzzzackkkk!

5.56 FTW

Old 07-05-2008, 08:25 AM

have you ever shot an automatic weapon before??? there's a reason the military went to 3 round burst... in Vietnam soldiers were emptying an entire magazine to kill one person.... it's called round conservation...

and the theory behind the M855 ball (Or SS109 in the civilian market) is that it splinters apart when it enters the body and causes more damage than just the hole. People over here in Iraq have been shot with a 5.56 in the hip and it ricochets along the spine and into their brain. Another case was when a soldier was shot in the foot by an ND and it traveled up his leg and tore apart the femoral artery and he bled to death within seconds... so even though it's not big, it does plenty of damage... oh.. and our M-16's before we switched to the M-4's.... were made by Fabrique National!!!... Holy S*&%.. and the M249 SAW STILL IS!!!!....All .223.... hmmm

Old 07-05-2008, 09:21 AM

Or you could do what was always meant to be done with AR-15/M16 model "toys" and throw them away. Get yourself a real mans gun.

Like something from Europe, lets say FN or H&K.

.223 is for small deer or children, not combat.

And don't even get me started on the open bolt, non-gas piston return system with forward bolt assist. A rifle so horribly flawed it needs a manual bolt assist to make sure the bolt has seated into battery (pitiful).

If you need a bolt flap(guard) to keep dirt out of the chamber, than that is a badly designed rifle. Ask yourself how many high-quality, famous, well known rifles actually have bolt guards..... try and even think of one.

"Well its hyper accurate!" So is a M1 Garand(and dont bull**** me on the "semi-" factor, most AR-15's on the market today are either semi as well or if you want to spring for it, a whopping 3-round burst!), or M-14... You can even get the M-14 redesigned into the SOCOM-16... See the real bad asses of the military know whats worth using.

and for ****s sake, isn't this a honda motorcycle forum? jesus.
Sorry but you sound like a troll...

Yes this is a motorcycle site, but this is an off topic forum. Since it is off topic, i guess that means that topics other than motorcycles can be discussed.

As far as the AR15/M16 goes. it has been doing well for 40+yrs. The M14 is a marvelous gun, but has faults of its own. By the way, AR15 are semiautomatic and you can get them in anything you want as long as you pay the steep price thanks to federal law. Three round burst or full automatic are available to civilians in the form or Drop in auto sears, lightening links and registered receivers. All have to be registered and have been made prior to 1986 due to the law. The military can get what ever it wants.

Before you come in and trash another persons thread and possessions , get a clue. Ever hear the saying if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all?

To the original poster, my favorite flash hiders are the Yankee Hill Phantom or the Smith Enterprises Vortex. I don't know your state or if they allow them, but you may want to give them a try. Are you looking for just a flash hider or a compensator or brake?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:06 AM

Or you could do what was always meant to be done with AR-15/M16 model "toys" and throw them away. Get yourself a real mans gun.

Like something from Europe, lets say FN or H&K.

.223 is for small deer or children, not combat.

And don't even get me started on the open bolt, non-gas piston return system with forward bolt assist. A rifle so horribly flawed it needs a manual bolt assist to make sure the bolt has seated into battery (pitiful).

If you need a bolt flap(guard) to keep dirt out of the chamber, than that is a badly designed rifle. Ask yourself how many high-quality, famous, well known rifles actually have bolt guards..... try and even think of one.

"Well its hyper accurate!" So is a M1 Garand(and dont bull**** me on the "semi-" factor, most AR-15's on the market today are either semi as well or if you want to spring for it, a whopping 3-round burst!), or M-14... You can even get the M-14 redesigned into the SOCOM-16... See the real bad asses of the military know whats worth using.

and for ****s sake, isn't this a honda motorcycle forum? jesus.

The .223 FMJ is an armour piercing round it is made for combat, but the fact that the people we are fighting dont wear armour it has the potential to go right through them, or bounce around inside of them and cause for a bad day. We recently lost a fellow soldier in my Battalion due to the fact that he was accidentally shot in the abdomen and the bullet bounced around inside of him and came out of his neck. The forward assist comes in handy on those days when your out and you get sand in your weapon and the round doesnt chamber all the way, just tap that lil sucker and it's in. This rifle was made for combat the dust guard is just an extra protection type of deal, its a quality rifle that has proven itself many of times since vietnam. The .223 round is gonna give you more accurate shots on a rapid fire than the 7.62 will which is why we dont use that in the military and the fact that we can carry more rounds of .223 than the 7.62

Old 07-05-2008, 11:20 AM

Buy a bazooka its better...

Old 07-05-2008, 11:25 AM

.50 caliber or go home.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:45 PM

notice that the idiot quit posting.

hey hatebreed did you find the answer you were looking for. the topic was heading in the right direction until the idiot showed up.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:58 PM

I was actually looking to get an AR15 that one of the guys is selling till he told me the price, WOW, those guns are sure pricey, I've been shooting my sks for 2 years and never had a problem with it, and the ammo is cheap, and the price that I paid for it I could've gotten 4-6 sks's for the price of ar15, but ar sure does look good though.

Quick Reply: ar-15 question... hardcorp? Shocktroop?