Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone Using The Throat Mic From Helmetaudio.com??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Using The Throat Mic From Helmetaudio.com??

I just got some 2 way radios at a pretty good deal today, but the ear buds and mic suck. I want to get a throat mic but don't know how good they are and helmetaudio.com has them for $20 and they seem to be a nice piece. Is anyone using them? How well do they work and can you understand what is being said and do they filter out the wind and exhaust noise. Me and some friends are taking some long trips this summer and it would be cool to talk to them while we ride. Let me know. Thanks

-Jesse-

Old 04-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Default RE: Anyone Using The Throat Mic From Helmetaudio.com??

Someone has to know something. Do you communicate with other riders using a radio? I need to fnd a couple of mics that won't have a lot of wind noise and either with a ptt switch that can be attached to my jacket or be voice activated like the ones from helmetaudio.com. Just looking for something I guess.

-Jesse-

Old 04-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry man, i dont have them. its only $20 i would say give em a whirl. then you can do a write up on it for the rest of us.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:02 PM

I dont know about using them while you are riding down the road, it would probably work but I know that the throat mics are awesome for playing paintball when your trying to keep quiet.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

I dont know about using them while you are riding down the road, it would probably work but I know that the throat mics are awesome for playing paintball when your trying to keep quiet.
I was thinking that they would work pretty good since they are suppost to get ride of the wind noise. As long as the speaker volume would be loud enough to hear what is being said I think it will be a good product. I have been waiting to hear back from them but haven't got an answer yet. If they will work with my radios I'll just spend the $40 and get a pair of them and let you guys know how they work.

DT are they easy to understand whats going on when someone talks to you or do you really have to listen. Thanks

-Jesse-

Old 04-26-2006, 05:38 AM

Well when i talked through it, It was basically a whisper and everything was quiet. Wasnt really hard to understand them but it depended on the person you were talking to if they had a low deep grunt to their voice or a higher pitch.
I dont know how it would be to talk to someone while riding. I mean youve got the wind going around you (not basically in the mic but you can hear it) Along with the sound of the engine and exhaust of the bike you are riding and the person that you are talking to.
I'd think i would be fine though because you would be talking with a normal tone of voice and not whispering to eachother.
Let me know how it performs on a bike, I might get another set of radios for this if it performs well on the bike.
Than my buddies can actually understand me on the highway when im tellin them that a dear is headed straigt for their asses[8D]

I wouldnt know really how this would all be affected during riding. But personally if you have any questions about paintball than you let me know buddy. HAHA, sorry i couldnt be more helpfull:P

Old 04-26-2006, 09:38 AM

thanks DT I think they will work, but I'll just have to get them and give them a try, but I'll deffinately post up how they work.

-Jesse-

Old 04-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not hijacking this thread, but......DT, you into paintball real big? i have not gotten to play in a year and its driving me nuts. you guys got good fields wherever you're at?