Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone Here as "dumb" as me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Here as "dumb" as me?

Just wondering if anyone else does the big "no no" and rides with headphones and and mp3 player jamming your favorite tunes.

I have several friends say I am being stupid for doing it, total strangers give me "that look" when taking off my helmet places, but in my oppinion, it makes no sense to me why its a "dumb" thing to do (if done properly). I don't turn my mp3 player up to a bazzilion, when I have it on I can still hear my bikes engine, sirens when they come etc. I just can't understand what people are saying when they come up to me at the gas station ;D

Anyhow, If there any fellow "idiots" out there, whats your favorite thing to listen to?

I love riding to my Rob Zombie Playlist lately.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Default RE: Anyone Here as "dumb" as me?

I hate how everyone thinks this is retarted. I ride everyday everywhere with mine. They have never caused a problem. I also learned how to take off my helmet so that it looks like I only have one in my ear so I don't get a ticket. It has worked every time so far. You wanna talk about retards lets talk about people who don't wear helmets.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:06 AM

yeah, the funny thing about those who don't wear helmets.....they are certain to end up wearing a rubber helment and diapers if they get lucky and don't die when they crash.
BTW is that the law? long as you only have one in you are good to go? When I take off my helmet both mine pop out automatically. I just make sure I hide the headphone wire inside my jacket, hell I went as far as to tape the wire with colored electrical tape so it'd match my riding jacket and not stand out like a sore thumb.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:14 AM

I always do the same thing but I make adjustments depending on the situation I am in. Usually around the city I will only ride with one plug in because at low speed I can hear fine with just the one. Then when I am on the highway I wear both. I sometimes worry about the cops but they never pull me over so I am guessing its not too big of a deal.

My problem is that from letting one hang everywhere I ride in the city it eventually did a number on that headphone and broke it. I then had only one for everywhere I go but I recenlty stepped on it while I had it charging at work the other day. I went in to Furture Shop to pick up some new ones so that I can get back to riding with tunes, but a new set of decent buds is $59-$99. I didnt want to spend that much on headphones especially if they fall apart like the last ones did, so I need to search the net for a cheap pair that I will be able to still hear while riding.

As for tunes I usually put my Ipod on random and listen from everything from Dave Matthews Band to Nirvana to the Stones to Jay-Z, Eminem, Billy Tallent and System of a Down to name a few.

Jesse

Old 08-24-2006, 10:34 AM

You can get a good price on IPod buds on ebay. I got a pair there and the price was great.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:00 AM

Ive done way dumber things

Old 08-24-2006, 11:05 AM

Yeah am just looking and I can get the same pair as was $59 bucks for less than 3 dollars. Except these are knock offs and not Ipod brand but still, saves me about 40 bucks after shipping. I love Ebay.
Now I have to get a friend to use there credit card to pay for it.

By the way. I want my cord to be outside my jacket because when ever I am stopped at a light Iam always nodding my head to the music. I must look like quite the fool to all the drivers around me if they can't see it.

Jesse

Old 08-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LouSiffer

BTW is that the law? long as you only have one in you are good to go?
it varies from state to state. here in texas you can wear both. you can check your state laws here:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp

also, helmetaudio has some velcro speakers to stick in your helmet, i have been wanting to get some, just have not done it yet.

http://www.helmetaudio.com

Old 08-24-2006, 12:09 PM

done the whole helmet wired for sound thing, used it mainly for bike to bike radio, but also for sound. it broke my heart when i needed a new lid.

I've tried the velcro pads but they end up pressing on your ears and becoming uncomfortable if your helmet is a snug fit ( as it should be)

Old 08-24-2006, 12:42 PM

I do it somtimes. I havent done it sence i went 80-90 down interstate and the ear buds were pressing into my ears from the pressure.

Quick Reply: Anyone Here as "dumb" as me?