Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone go to college?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone go to college?

Old 03-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I'm in my 3rd year of college too. I graduated with my manufacturing engineering degree last year now I'm on for mechanical and areospace engineering. I "partake" in the college life butI think the key is just getting it in small doses.I dunno.... twice a week for drinkin and chicks? The rest of the time, I try and spend it with my nose in a book. As far as the girls go, who says you gotta date? I mean this totally in a heterosexual way, but sometimes girls can really cloud your judgement when it comes to schooling. But I'd say, if youve got the opportunity to stay in college, do it, because a lot of people don't have that choice. Thats my 2 cents, then again i'm only 22 , so I don't have a TON of exp.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Banned

I graduated with my manufacturing engineering degree last year now I'm on for mechanical and areospace engineering. I "partake" in the college life butI think the key is just getting it in small doses.I dunno.... twice a week for drinkin and chicks? The rest of the time, I try and spend it with my nose in a book. As far as the girls go, who says you gotta date? I mean this totally in a heterosexual way, but sometimes girls can really cloud your judgement when it comes to schooling.
+1...Chem E and Environmental Engineering...Study hard all the time. The women will be there later, women love men with good jobs.

Nauree, Are you still going to the gym? That is the other investment that will keep your peeshcii happy.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:13 AM

+1...Chem E and Environmental Engineering...Study hard all the time. The women will be there later, women love men with good jobs.

Thats the truth, the good girls you can take home arent the ones hanging out at bars and parties all the time. Those are the ones you have to look for and when you find them, hold on to them. If i were a parent, i would want my son bringing home some bar fly.....

Old 03-03-2008, 11:48 AM

i saw that show on MTV: True Life... that guy was a super flamer.

Thats fine if thats how you want to be, but come on... $10,000!? Thats a bit much -

Old 03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, Nauree, I'm a junior and I've had tons of luck at college (both with fun and girls). First thing I did when I got there was join a fraternity. My school was boring as hell, just like yours, but I found out really quick that if I had things to be involved in it's awesome. I'm not saying "Go join a fraternity, it'll get you *****", but you will have your boys to hang around with whenever you want. Also, if thats not your thing, you could join a club or some type of activity; when you're doing things you get to meet people. Like sixhundred said, just get out there and talk. I could sit here and give you plenty of advice with girls, conversating in general and how to live your life etc...haha. Point being, I personally think that if you get out and join some type of activity (fraternity, radio station, newspaper, student government, student ambassadors, or even study abroad) you'll have an amazing time in school my .02 hope it helps some.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 PM

I think ill try out a frat next semester. I gota get my GPA up. I farted around year #1 and GPA was too low to be in a greek. Maybe at this end of this semester.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had my bike during my college days, this will be a totally different story. I just can't agree with you that your bike is a complete turn off to girls. Maybe you just didn't go deep enough.

Finish up your college, earn, start a decent life and all the fun will roll over to you..

Old 03-04-2008, 09:45 PM

I have had a strange college experience thus far. I started off at University of Idaho which is hailed as a massive party school. I wasn't into the whole party thing and wasn't in the Greek system. That lasted 2 years before I pretty much packed my **** and came back to my home town because I hated it. I enrolled at Boise State University and about fell off my bike when I rolled into the parking area before my first class. I have lived here my entire life...I don't know where they hide, but campus looked like a baywatch parade. I honestly have never seen so many hott, cute, sexy, pick your vocab word, in one place.

The bike and gear will get you LOTS of looks and attention, but its whats under that helmet and gear that matters to MOST girls. I admit, I go downtown on occasion for whatever reason and girls will come out into the street and hop on your bike...its a little wierd the first few times. Once girls get to know you a little and trust you enough, you will have to beat them off the back with a bat. Thats how it is for me, and im still single, lol.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:21 AM

im in my 3rd year of college right now. I go to SIU and its a huge party school. I have a blast but the "school" part sucks. I just count down the days til the weekend. I usually get a lot of looks ridin the bike to class and it has gotten me a few ladies also. hang in there

Quick Reply: Anyone go to college?