Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?

only my car

Old 06-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I park on those stripy thingys at Wal-Mart, and park on the sidewalk at my work (Best Buy) right up against the wall. Since the sidewalk is about 5 million feet wide anyway, I figure there's plenty of room for my bike.........and I've only been hassled by my GM, which recently purchased a bike........and what do you know? He now parks right next to me and the hassling stopped.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:33 AM

Places like walmart and best buy here where I live have huge side walks and everyone on motorcycles seems to park there. But for the most part the motorcycles will not obstruct the actual walkway unless the parking job really sucks.
In the city that I work for parking is a huge issue, don't know why but the city just has a pet-peeve about anytype of parking. The sidewalks are also only about 4 feet wide so a motorcycle does take up a good portion of the sidewalk and we have a lot of older residents in wheel chairs and that use walkers. There are a few areas that have wide side walks where parking is permitted though.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13947/87A10BEC41E146BAAB430C15467DACE2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-14-2007, 09:07 AM

sometimes i park on the sidewalks or bikecycle trails, on the grass, if im going to the mall on the weekendsor going to fast foodi just park my bike in the handicap parkings cuz its close to the doors....i hate walking!!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:09 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: K0NPHL1C7

I park on the sidewalk in front of the local water holes, that's about it....
You better be having a sandwhich and a Coke...or your *** is officially busted!
How about 4 Cap'n'Cokes, 3 beers, a Jager-Bomb and a few lines of blow?

No seriosuly though, I'll stop in and grab a beer when i'm riding, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I won't get drunk, won't drink more than like, 2 in like an hour with a meal, but I see nothing wrong with 1 or 2 social beers.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:19 PM

No seriosuly though, I'll stop in and grab a beer when i'm riding, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I won't get drunk, won't drink more than like, 2 in like an hour with a meal, but I see nothing wrong with 1 or 2 social beers.
Agreed.

I park in the appropriate spaces when available but also use blue lined areas, sidewalks or anything else to make the bike more accessible.
But if I'm somewhere "illegal" and someone tells me to move it, I do.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 AM

Sometimes...but I park in the striped spaces inbetween the handicapped parking all the time. I've never reallybeen hastled or ticketed. More places should have motorcycle parking. I usta ride onto the sidewalk to return movies in the outside slot at my local blockbuster,but now i have the movie pass so i go in to trade them.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: transambird_2000

I do it some places, but usually if i am going to be just a few minutes. Always wondered if other people made thier own parking spots as well or if anyone had been hassled by the law for it?
The law, afaik, cannot hassle you for it, as long as you are not impeding foot traffic. If you park in front of say, a Best Buy or similar store, you are likely to find employee bikes already parked there, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure the law would like to hassle you about it but it's private property...little they can do.

I had a local sherriff get pissed at me for parking on the sidewalk at a Best Buy. Was watching me and as I pulled out of the shopping center parking lot, gunned his vehicle right up behind me and followed me a good distance. Probably to see if I'd run, or act nervous or something and screw up riding so he'd have a reason to pull me over. Since I am about as scared of being pulled over as I am stepping on a crack in the sidewalk, I just did about 5 mph below the posted speed limit, and in fact as we approached a light/intersection..started creeping so slow, daring him to do something stupid, he got mad, switched lanes, punched his vehicle and headed off in new directions. Jerk.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:30 PM

i work at a gas station with floor to ceiling windows all across the front of the store. i just leave my bike in front of the windows on the sidewalk. it's big enough and no one seems to mind. in fact, more people ask me about it.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:33 PM

ill park up on a side walk infront of a resturant if theres a big enough area off to the side, usually is at some places, but ive noticed a bit more places having spots for MC parking

Quick Reply: Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?