Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?

ORIGINAL: jaghunter

how about those "spots" all striped around light poles? I always park there.
They have one of those at the hell of all hells...Wal*mart, but I always park an hour away at the closest space I can find. The greeter told me it is not a parking space for bikes, but all the bikes park there (except me)and they don't get hassled...next time I go into that white trash, **** a$$, fat factory, I'm parking in the stripey area! [:@]

Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 AM

You're telling me sidewalks weren't created to be my personal parking space?? Huh, who knew?

Old 06-12-2007, 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: jaghunter

how about those "spots" all striped around light poles? I always park there.
They have one of those at the hell of all hells...Wal*mart, but I always park an hour away at the closest space I can find. The greeter told me it is not a parking space for bikes, but all the bikes park there (except me)and they don't get hassled...next time I go into that white trash, **** a$$, fat factory, I'm parking in the stripey area! [:@]
Don't even get me started on WalMart...

Too late!

Why do they have so many handicapped spaces?! It's gotten ridiculously out of control! Not even half of them are ever being used. And they have the nerve to tell you where you can or cannot park a motorcycle that takes up 1/5th the space of a car? Give me a break.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Mad

I park on sidewalks sometimes. Mostly at the Fry's and Best Buy. In parking garages I park in the corners closest to an entrance to a shop. Never been hassled.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

There are also stripes next to handicap parking for room to open vans, doors etc. If im not gonna be long thats where i usually park, otherwise anywhere else i deem to be rockstar parking.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:26 AM

I park there all the time.......peopleusually give me funny looks when I get out.

sometimes I park my bike on the sidewalk too, but nobody ever seems to care.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill only do it at lifetime fitness, and thats only because everyone and their momma's park there bike there, and hell if im not gonna be a tool and go along with the crowd!

Old 06-12-2007, 06:31 AM

i usually park on the stripped lines that are bigger than the handicap parkin spot(Walmart!), also i dont mind jumpin on top of a curb either. I did however run into a dick head cop who decided to give me a ticket for "blocking a handicap parking spot" that cost me 250. One question officer: the yellow lines are twice the size of the parkin spot, and my bike is the size of a shopping cart how the hell am i blockin that parkin spot?!?!?

Old 06-12-2007, 09:51 AM

Everyone in NYC parks on the sidewalk, including myself. How else are you gonna anchor the bike down to a tree/sign/parking meter? Also, to avoid tickets, most people either remove their license plates or put on a bike cover.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:56 PM

I park on the sidewalk most of the time, as long as I'm not blocking the flow of it. I don't do it to be a dick, I do it because I don't want someone to knock my bike over. I also park in the huge lined "spaces" if the sidewalk isn't big enough.
I've only been hassled once, and that was by a security guard on a bicycle at the mall.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?