Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?

I do it some places, but usually if i am going to be just a few minutes. Always wondered if other people made thier own parking spots as well or if anyone had been hassled by the law for it?

Old 06-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Default RE: Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?

I park on this brick sidewalk thing at my mosque. Nobody every gives me problems, possibly because I know them all. However, last time my mirrors were out of alignmnet.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:55 AM

Iusually make my own. As long as its not in the way of pedestrians or traffic...Disregard my avatar pic of my bike on the sidewalk...lol

Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't and I've read posts here by people that have been ticketed for it.

*shrugs*

Seems they blamed the cops for giving them tickets for parking on the sidewalk even though they really were parked on the sidewalk, go figure.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:02 AM

When I used to work at blockbuster I would park it right in front on the sidewalk. No one cared, and I could keep an eye on it easier. Little kids like it alot, but older guys would come in and tell me about the bikes they had and how fast they were blah blah blhaaaa. That got pretty annoying. I hope im not like that when I get old.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i do. ive never got hassled for it but i also know that (for example my dads work is at a mall) so i park up on the side walk by one of the service doors and parking enforcement is always there and never ticket me for it because its private property and unless im blocking the access way for customers or the owners/management bitches then Code enforement wont do **** about it .

Old 06-12-2007, 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: mephy04
older guys would come in and tell me about the bikes they had and how fast they were blah blah blhaaaa. That got pretty annoying. I hope im not like that when I get old.
There is this old guy (he isn't really that old) at a local diner that would tell me stories of his youth and how he used to ride the fastest Kawasaki sport bikes of the time. Some of his stories were actually quite interesting. He had alot of stories where his friends ended up in the hospital/dead.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Retired Moderator

You definately can be given a ticket...it's one of those things, if a cop is feeling froggy he has got the right. If you haven't been hassled, then more power to you.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:28 AM

i do when the spot looks like its not going to be to hard to walk around... but ussally only when there is no space anywhere else... ie hooters. sometimes the mall.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:28 AM

how about those "spots" all striped around light poles? I always park there.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever park on the sidewalks?