Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else stuck at work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else stuck at work?

Anyone at work right now looking out the window with beautiful skies and a parked bike sitting in the sun? Man, I wish I could just go ride all day long. It has started to get nice and cool lately, perfect riding weather... 75* here in SA right now.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone else stuck at work?

you know what...i feel you....DOUBLE....not only is it getting nicer here in Chicago...dipping into the low 70s upper 60s with sun....but i have my bike torn up for powdercoating...i was going to start a thread talking about how hard it is not to ride when you are doing stuff to your bike that takes time...ugh.....and before anyone says to me...."that's an off-season job"....for me, there really isn't much of an off-season although i live in chicago....the only time i won't ride is if there is snow on the ground....fresh snow....downtown where i live, the plows are pretty good so unless there is a snowstorm, a day or two after i can ride...i can deal with cold (just add some more layers)....

that being said, i did my project because the heat drives me nuts riding....unfortunately...it's gotten BEAUTIFUL since my tear down....

i'm cyring inside man...crying.... []

Old 09-13-2007, 10:24 AM

I hear ya... I ride all the time too, cold, hot, whatever. I'm stuck at work as well here in Virginia (buisness trip). The weather is SUPER nice, but I just have to roll the company rental. My bike is like, over 1000 miles away, sitting in the garage. To top it off, I'm stuck on site, not even able to test my software until everyone goes on lunch, in 2.5 hours.[:'(]

Old 09-13-2007, 10:26 AM

yeah, i had my bike down for like up to 8 months before. i got it back on the road and then starting getting a bad ping, something with one of the rods, so we just put a new-er engine in there and im finally back up as of this weekend. i go nuts when i cant ride, and now its just tormenting me. but yes, you are right, it is hard to ride while fixing your bike, and mine is about to go to paint soon as well, but then i will finally be done working on her after 2 years. here in SA we get about 2 months of cold weather if that, i will ride thru january and maybe even feb before it gets too cold.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Registered Users

oh that blows....i used to work IT so i can feel your pain....

now i work at a law firm....(future lawyer to be, awaiting bar results).....i do patent work so i sit all day and read long complicated patents on laser, semiconductors, and optical transmission circuits.....i work on the 17th floor and my office has a huge window....so the sun and weather taunts me continuously!!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 AM

I'm not as bad off as you guys because I get to go outside and in the shop that's open to outdoors. I'm an on-site engineer at a refinery in VA and the weather was so nice yesterday it was a shame I couldn't ride. I pick up lunch once a week for the machinists and 200 wings plus sides is kinda hard to get around on a motorcycle. Not to mention since I am a "contractor" I can't ride my bike into the plant because only refinery employees are allowed to ridein, and they have to take a special safety course. I have to park just outside the main entrance and lug in my computer backpack, helmet, and riding gear half a mile to my office and then everyone keeps asking me why I'm so sweaty. But it's worth it...

Old 09-13-2007, 10:57 AM

I'd love to get outta here also. Today seems to be an okay day compred to most, normally I'm watching the clock prayin that an hour will just go away so I can get out. Weather's a little cold today so I'd end up doing something else than ridin. I fell ya though, those days suck.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 AM

Yeah, I'm stuck at work, but without windows, I can't see my bike sitting outside. Blah.

Was a brisk ride in this morning for me at 58F. Coldest I've ridden in, but I'm bearing it. I know a lot of guys who will laugh at that though.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:09 AM

Yeah, I cant see my bike either, the guys on the shipping dock keep an eye on it for me. Im hoping they would mess with my bosses hog before they mess with mine, lol. Atleast I go home for lunch, so I will get to go for a ride herein about 45 minutes

Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Freebie

Yeah, I'm stuck at work, but without windows, I can't see my bike sitting outside. Blah.

Was a brisk ride in this morning for me at 58F. Coldest I've ridden in, but I'm bearing it. I know a lot of guys who will laugh at that though.
Today was the first morning in a long time I'vebeen glad for a leather riding jacket...

Quick Reply: Anyone else stuck at work?