Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else notice these things?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About the racing thing...

My buddy and I were talking about this the other day because we've both had a significant amount of people try to race us while we're riding.

The funny thing is, it isn't sporty cars like Corvettes or Porches, but cars that clearly have no chance, like Nissan Altimas or Civics. Heck, the other day I had a guy in a gigantic Dualie pickup try to race me!

O.o Yeah I don't get it either...

Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
Heck, the other day I had a guy in a gigantic Dualie pickup try to race me!

Was it this one?

Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
The funny thing is, it isn't sporty cars like Corvettes or Porches,
I've never had a porch try to race me but it would be interesting just to see one going down the road. Talk about a wide load.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
Was it this one?

LOL! the good ole farm truck, that thing became a whole new animal when he got it loaded up with nitrous express, I love the videos of him racing ricers for there wings lol

Old 08-01-2013, 09:18 PM

I get people either trying to race or riding right on my tail then blowing by me and then getting caught by more traffic a mile down the road and lookimg like a dumb *** for blowing past. Or if its a double lane and I get in the left and start to pass they steadily speed up to not let me by.....even though they were doing 5-10 under to begin with.

And I agree it is always the cars that don't stand a chance that try to race, old ragged out civics and trucks with loud pipes mostly.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
Was it this one?

I wish haha, that would actually be pretty fun.

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I've never had a porch try to race me but it would be interesting just to see one going down the road. Talk about a wide load.
Missed that one >.<

Speaking of Civics...

Actually had a Civic try to race me today. Pretty sure it was just stock except for a big 'ol fart can on the back and plenty of JDM stickers. He kept pestering me to race so finally when we got to a straightaway he gunned it and tried to pass, just as he got alongside me I looked at him, tucked in and took off. He was a dot in my mirror before I got to 5th, poor little guy never stood a chance.

Prolly shouldn't have taken the bait but he was getting pretty annoying. Oh well.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:34 AM

+1 on ALL the Civic, Nissan, and pickup truck call outs... THOSE are the same guys I'm talking about for sure! Nice to know I'm not crazy... Well, at least not about this

Old 08-03-2013, 07:31 PM

never really had that happen to me yet, but today my buddy and i were riding, passed a guy in an rx-8, he tried keeping up through a twisty stretch of road and he didnt stand much chance. pulled up next to me at a stop sign at the end of that road and his excuse was he had 200lbs of crap in the trunk that "messed up his weight distribution"

Old 08-08-2013, 07:41 PM

I will say, ending on a good note... Kids always have the best reactions. It always makes me smile passing by a kid walking with their dad or something and seeing them just stop and stare... I always give a little wave or thumbs up...
I agree with this. There's a little boy that rides his little Yamaha 50 all around our subdivision on the roads (very very little traffic, and always wears a helmet) well every time I pull out the bike he stops the dirt bike in its tracks while he watches me gear up and go. I've been meaning to say something to him but I usually always wave. Heck the other day he had a little girl on the back with him riding around both with helmets on also.

I agree with all the wannabe racer bees I call them. Doesn't matter if I pass them they want to stay right with me. The worst ones? The ones that are 3 miles behind you when you merge onto the highway at an accelerated pace and next thing you know they're right beside you and want to hang out in pass hole land (best urban dictionary definition ever by the way.) I'm a married man myself but I notice some girls interested even with all my gear on, maybe the tinted visor leaves some mystery lol.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:41 AM

I remember one day I was at an outlet mall thing, outdoor shops or whatever you call it. I was parked right near one of the walkways and was gearing back up, I was putting my helmet on when some little kid and his dad walked by. The kid just stopped as soon as he saw me and pulled on his dads pant leg and said something like "Daddy wait, I want to watch him ride his motorcycle!"

I thought it was the funniest thing! Also, kids on school buses always looked at me when I'd pass them.

Quick Reply: Anyone else notice these things?