Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone Else here into DVD "backups"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Else here into DVD "backups"?

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

video vault - to conver dvd movies to xvid for my zen vision

i rent>>copy>>send back like everyone else
JAMES, no one else rents and copies....your the only one that does that.

try clonedvdmobile to transfer to ipod/zen/cellphone.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:53 PM

I have been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for the past 2 years with very few problems.About 650 back-ups created from Netflix and Blockbuster.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/14DE634569AB4E7B94B6CF3713C55C84.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-27-2007, 02:17 PM

do you make your own cases too?

i should have brought this subject up much sooner i didnt realize there would be so many guys that are into this.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

I like how the title says "backups"
yes I do to. not saying that helping the video store back up their copies isnt good.

I use printable DVD's as well I have a cd/dvd printer..... looks so good....

Old 10-27-2007, 03:06 PM

No need to use them since im going too work for the F.B.I. some day, i can call you guys "Pirates"?[sm=innoc.gif]lol.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a simple little prog out there called "321 Gone", will get rid of the "Back up" message. Just be aware guys that Clone & DVD X type copiers, leave your information on the disc, ok if its only going to be for home use. But if yer giving away copies to friends, who then do copies fer friends...... Its you thats going to end up in the crap.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

just wondering if anyone else in here is into dvd burning at all? and what programs you use. my favs are....

DVDFabHDDecryptor
AnyDVD
CloneDVD2

and for converting to ipod/other mobile media....

CloneDVDMobile.

im not talking about downloading torrents, im talking about ripping the actual DVD's

I bought the bottom two..not DVDFabHDDecryptor or at least I don't think I have it. Been burning DVD's but some stop working after a while and some badly scratched DVD's won't copy. I'm having mixed results. Some work, some don't.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on backing up DVDs that I own.

Especially when there are kids are around. They can scratch the crap out of the backups. I hate the movie industry's response, "buy a new one." They don't care about the consumers, they only care about their shareholders and their own pockets. What frustrates me, is that if you take care of the customer, they will respond better to you. Make music and movie prices reasonable and people will put out the money for them and piracy fads to nothing but an itch caused by certain nefarious individuals. I've also read that the MPAA has "educated" some police officers on how to spot, pirated music. Basically, look for CD+Rs in the car. That gives them the "probable cause." I think that is BSsince you can buy CD+Rs in any electronic store. Just because you have something that could be used illegally, doesn't mean that you are. Oh, yeah, I hate DMCA and the Patriot Act. The patriot act only provides us with a false sense of security and does very little in really protecting us, but provide government all the tools necessary to chip away at portions of our freedom. Oh and it helps make politicans look like they did something worthy for those who can't seem to think for themself.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either." ~Benjamin Franklin

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" ~Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: woo545

+1 on backing up DVDs that I own.

Especially when there are kids are around. They can scratch the crap out of the backups. I hate the movie industry's response, "buy a new one." They don't care about the consumers, they only care about their shareholders and their own pockets. What frustrates me, is that if you take care of the customer, they will respond better to you. Make music and movie prices reasonable and people will put out the money for them and piracy fads to nothing but an itch caused by certain nefarious individuals. I've also read that the MPAA has "educated" some police officers on how to spot, pirated music. Basically, look for CD+Rs in the car. That gives them the "probable cause." I think that is BSsince you can buy CD+Rs in any electronic store. Just because you have something that could be used illegally, doesn't mean that you are. Oh, yeah, I hate DMCA and the Patriot Act. The patriot act only provides us with a false sense of security and does very little in really protecting us, but provide government all the tools necessary to chip away at portions of our freedom. Oh and it helps make politicans look like they did something worthy for those who can't seem to think for themself.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either." ~Benjamin Franklin

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" ~Benjamin Franklin

you're right its BS because we can BUY music online n then burn it. and now you can plug ya mp3 player n jump drives into you auto sound system so they dont have cause for shyt. Matter of fact every CD in my CD changer is a CD-+R lol

Old 10-28-2007, 09:51 AM

making ur own cases??? yea how bout a big fat NO. way to much time. and ink, i just keep them in the 100pk spindle.

and CloneDVDMobile sucks major *****. the quality of the movies is ****tie. even at higher res and bit rates. alltho on a good side it has a lot of difrent players to covert tho.
I HAVE A IDEA.

how bout me share our "backups" with eachother. say you mail me like 10 dvds and i will mail u 10 dvds and the we copy and reture them?? huh huh ?? make our colection bigger. but we have to keep the privet like in pm`s.

but i only want good copys. no 8 gig movies shrunk onto a 4 gig dvd. i want 100% original quality. and there should only be one thing on the dvd. THE MOVIE...
no title menu
no commercels
no cridits
no subtitles
just the movie. put movie in the dvd player and boom it plays stright to the movie.