Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anybody ever gone Geocaching?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and

so leave something, id say anything but you dont seem to have much forethought so leave anything thats descent. some people DO geochache with their kids and my kids have fun even if they're just finding a friggin golfball its better than an empty can.
Bottom line, don't be a turd

Old 05-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no honor among theives. Besides its suposed to be about the thrill of the hunt. Not whats inside.
If it's about the thrill of the hunt, then why do people put anything in the boxes to begin with? Would you go out looking for empty boxes?

BTW, have you ever seen an honor system where say.... there's a cup for you to put 50cents in for coffee? Or one of those boxes of fundraiser candy bars where you take one and put a dollar in it's place? Or how about a roadside stand where you just put the money in the box? Ever seen one of those?
Do you steal that stuff, too?

Come to think of it..... the CBRF classifieds are based on an honor system. Would you steal people's money if you thought you could get away with it?

You've forced me to wonder. Because you're either a thief like you say.... or you're a troll.
So which is it?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by 77vetteguy
Thats why I make a good pirate. I don't care.

lol what a low life

Old 05-29-2010, 07:21 AM

I seriously probably wouldn't steal anything I kind of still don't believe there's little treasure boxes hidden all around...apparently you sign some log too

Old 05-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm with Kilgoretrout on this one.
Some people have no honor.
I wouldn't ride with you.

You make us all look bad.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shadow

I'm with Kilgoretrout on this one.
Some people have no honor.
I wouldn't ride with you.

You make us all look bad.
Why? Because I take pennies out of a medicine bottle? Jeeze its not like I'm robbing a bank. Relax, you'll live longer. By the way. How am I a troll kilgore? Your the one that started this. Sounds like your the troll here.

Last edited by 77vetteguy; 05-29-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:14 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Why? Because I take pennies out of a medicine bottle? Jeeze its not like I'm robbing a bank. Relax, you'll live longer. By the way. How am I a troll kilgore? Your the one that started this. Sounds like your the troll here.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional responseor of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun “troll” can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted

pretty sure kilgor didnt post any response hoping to start something.... you did...

you must not enjoy your membership here bc pissing off mods makes sure u dont last a long time

Old 05-29-2010, 02:17 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

on a side not... how ba would it be if this forum started on of these things?

a section with a map, or pics, or a gps location of a random motorcycle item? when someone takes the item they must replace it with one of their own? This would be cool bc I have some extra parts I wouldnt mind trading lol....

Old 05-29-2010, 03:56 PM

If you go to a cache to see what's there, someone did that favor for you. Can't you afford to do that small favor for the next guy? You aren't stealing from the guy who left it, but from the next guy who finds it. And you aren't stealing stuff, your are stealing trust.

No shame? No conscience? No empathy? No pride? No honor?

Last edited by JHouse; 05-29-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on a side note... how bad would it be if this forum started one of these things?
I think it would be pretty cool, Z, until people like 77vette started stealing the stuff. That's the death of many of these hunts from what I've read.

Downplaying it is fine, if that's how you want to be. (although you even flat out said you steal the good stuff.... )

I gave you some other examples of petty theft, too. (honor system coffee, candy, etc). These aren't robbing a bank, either, but they're examples of chitty behavior, imo (and anyone elses with half a conscience).

Geocaching is a game... meant to be a family game.... and stealing the caches from the game is chitty. I don't care if it's a toy soldier or a dam rubber ball.... you just don't do it.

My kid has more dignity than that and he's 11. (He can argue better, too)

And I didn't start anything.... I simply called you out for being a dick.
I don't want people thinking it's cool when it's not.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever gone Geocaching?