Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any Wakeboarders out there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Wakeboarders out there?

First... No, I am not some random idiot posting my first post on a motorcycle forum about wakeboarding. Switched email acounts, lost my username, etc. etc. had to start from scratch.

OK... I am learning to wakeboard and want to buy a Pylon (towers are wicked expensive) but they are $300 and I don't even know if it is worth the cash. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Is there a less expensive option?

Thanks,
Justin

Old 01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Default RE: Any Wakeboarders out there?

Pylons work fine for starters, we were never hardcore wakeboarders (I wakeskate) in TX so we just used one of those on our inboard.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:50 PM

any idea where to get one w/o shelling out $300+ ???

Old 01-29-2007, 07:02 PM

I can't help on where to get one for under $300, but I can add input on the Fly High X-Pole. It's a great quality product; we've gotten years of use out of ours on our Mastercraft. Personally, I'd be suspect about any product that costs much less than this. With the amount of stress you're putting on it, shoddy material will rear its ugly head pretty quickly. So $300 is worth every penny IMHO.

Picture from Overton's.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:38 PM

plusone on kramer

Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 PM

Ive been boarding for nearly 10 years now and ive used it all. A pylon is a must. The one piece poles are cheaper by about a $100 but they are not as sturdy. There is a lot of flex in them. When you eventually get to the point where eyou are cutting hard and hittin the wake with speed you will see that pole flex and then snap back into position. The 2 piece are the way to go by far.

The pole is going to let you get better air plus ppl will be able to sit in your back seat without fear of gettin their head chopped off by the line. Its a win win situation.

+1 Kramer You dont want to buy crap. Just remember that you are only goin to ever ever buy one of these poles. They dont wear out and they can be used on any inboard. (Unless you go from direct drive to v-drive then there are different poles)