Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

any used these Continental?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any used these Continental?

they look really nice, and my head is still spinning from weeks of reading about tires....

http://www.tireexpress.com/prod.cfm/cid/9000/pid/16096

Continental Conti Sport Attack tires $239 buck for the pair

im also looking at Michelin Pilot Powers (which i know everyone likes) from STG for like $255 for a pair.

im interesting in what Avon and Pirelli have to offer, but none of you CBR guys use Avon, and im confused by the vast number of different types of pirelli tires out there.....

Old 08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Default RE: any used these Continental?

I have put 7500 miles on my conti sport attacks over the last 3 seasons and couldn't be happier. Very little wear and no flat spots from all the highway use. I've never lost traction even on the cold new hampshire mornings. I read that they aren't the best tires for track use but if the bike they're going on is your daily than I'd highly recomend you get these. Best value out there.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:44 PM

i just got the diablo corsas and i really like the lean-in speed. when i first switched over from dunlop sportmax's i almost shat myself. good grip as far as ive pushed them so far. as for the conti's i got no experience lol sorry

Old 08-19-2008, 03:48 PM

cloud, how are the attacks in the rain? and how are they leaned over? these would be for my daily driver, in also cold Maine. so you having used yours in NH weather interests me.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:04 PM

im reading more about the pirella diablo corsa III and diablo Rosso, anyone speaking highly of those......man this is endless every tire company of course says they are the best.

right now im most seriously narrowed it down to 3 - Continental sport attacks, Michelin Pilot Powers, and Pirello Diablo Rosso i think.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:34 PM

of the 3 ive only ridden the rossos and PP. i like the rossos and to be honest ill probably stick with them if the overall wear is good when i get done with this set.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:15 PM

The BT-016's are getting great reviews from people over here in WA.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:49 PM

I've got a set of attaks on my Ducati...good rubber, I've worn out and replaced the set three times and had no reasons to switch. Good tires, good price...I love 'em.
Oh, and wet weather traction is killer, only had one slip in the rain, and I was being stupid so you can't blame the tire for that one. (Hey, you gotta know where the breakaway point is, right?)

Old 08-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Tried a set a few years back, they slipped to much for my liking during intense riding. Nothing but Metzeler m3's for me, (feel just like pilot 2cts but a lot cheaper) although i have heard good things about the new diablo 3's.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:27 PM

I put a sport attack on the rear of my F3 in the begining of the season and love it! Was the first time I ran a 160 so it's hard to justify, but it took really well to corners even with the cold spring temps. Only reason I picked the sport atack was because dennis kirk had them on clerance so I'd shop around

Quick Reply: any used these Continental?