Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any other old guys out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other old guys out there?

Im 48 years old and am the proud owner of a 96 F3. Most of my friends who ride are into Harley's and other Cruiser type bikes. They think I need to "grow up". I think they are the ones missing the boat. Any other "seniors" out there in the sport bike scene?

Old 04-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Default RE: Any other old guys out there?

There are a bunch of us sport riders who are also senior citizens. In my case it's, it's "old" gal, however.
CBR1100XX & CBR1000F. No Harleys for me! Unless, of course someone just wanted to give me one. LOL
Terry

Old 04-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Retired Administrator

I'm middle of the crowd... you'll think I'm young and the kids will think I'm old. I'm 32 and I don't see me moving away from sport bikes anytime soon.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:30 PM

I'm 47 and got my first sport bike in December. I am now the proud owner of a 1000RR.

Few days ago, this young guy in a cage pulls up next to me. I glance over at him and he gives me the thumbs up. I nod. Then he starts talking to me saying dude you're bike is sick. That is one bad-*** bike. yadda yadda.

I open my visor to say thanks. The look on his face when he saw me was priceless. My left-turn arrow turned green and I rode off while he was still stammering. lol

You're as young as you feel. I have a blast and don't really care what others think. I also ride a Goldwing and enjoy it as well. Different bikes, different types of fun.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: doncollins
I'm middle of the crowd... you'll think I'm young and the kids will think I'm old. I'm 32 and I don't see me moving away from sport bikes anytime soon.
+1
soon to be 35...

Old 04-16-2006, 11:43 PM

43 gona be 44 in Aug, been riding my sport bike now for a year, can never think of going to any other bike class than "sport bike class", love riding my bike !!!!!!!!! 93 F-2

Old 04-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

62. Riding a '91 CBR1000F. Reactions seem to be generally favorable. Most of my acquaintances are either accepting or downright envious. A few seem to think I should grow up and get a wheelchair (or a Harley). It is fun to see the expression on people's faces when the helmet comes off. But the most fun is riding and who cares what everyone else thinks.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:06 PM

36 going on 37 yrs young - flying for the Air National Guard and I can't see myself riding anything else besides sportbike mania or at least having one in the garage among other types of rides. The thrill of riding high performance/technology sportbikes is as fun as flying in my book. Both exhilarating and inherently dangerous, but the illusion of being in total control is consistently infringed upon by others as well as mother nature... so be safe out there!

Your old/young as you feel and my glass is up for all of you older than me riding the thrilling ride and pushing any stigma to the side.

Long live the Age Fighters!

Old 04-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forty-two here, just got my first bike last fall. On warm weekends when all these kids in their teens and twenties are weaving in and out of traffic at 100 mph+, I feel a little out of place. Come 8 o'clock Monday morning when I'm commuting to work, most of the other riders on the road are also older guys.

I'm glad I couldn't afford a bike when I was younger, because I would have been one of those hot heads out there riding like an idiot trying to get killed.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:21 PM

34 here with a 00 929 RR

Quick Reply: Any other old guys out there?