Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any one trailer their bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any one trailer their bikes?

ORIGINAL: 51plymouth

ORIGINAL: Rod38um

Yeah, well.... send me a pic of how you load 2 people, tent, 2 sleeping bags, cook stove, cooler with food, clothes and what ever else a woman needs to pack onto a CBR 1000rr and I may consider it........ till then, for me, trailering is the difference betweenbeing able to ride on vacation or leaving it at home.........
Taking a vacation with the wife doesn't sound like a vacation to me either
Get her her own bike, she can pack her own gear...problem solved. My parents circumnavigated North America last summer on a pair of BMW F650's, some 6000 miles round trip in a little over a month. Camped every night but one.
Not making you wrong, just saying it's possible. And, there is a TON of touring gear out there being made just for the 1000rr, from helibars, gps mounts, and high-profile windscreens to expandable soft luggage and bags...Cycle World (or Motorcyclist...don't remember which) had a dediacted article about it earlier in the year. Stuff was relatively cheap too...I want to say they clocked in the full conversion (bars, windscreen, giant tail duffle, twin saddlebags, and monster tankbag) for a little less than a grand.
Oh I know you can do it... but with all that crap on there it kinda takes the fun and excitement out of it. Sorta like doing what you love for a living and you wind up dealing with all the headaches of business so much you dont enjoy your passion anymore..... To each his own, I'll keep my RR un-encumbered and enjoy it the way it was meant for me to when I can.

I dont have a wife , girlfriends come and go... I never have had one that would ride her own, I think I would like that!!!