Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

any L.E.O.'s in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any L.E.O.'s in the house?

Do Ohio State Troopers pull at least one person over every day usually?
It seems like I have a target painted on me. I haven't had a ticket in 12 years now I have been pulled over twice in 3 weeks, once for speeding (my fault). Once for no front license plate( which I haven't had for 6 years), and a warning for my window tint (also 6 years old). Just me or are Ohio cops boored?

Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: any L.E.O.'s in the house?

Sometimes its just your time man. I went thru the same thing last summer, i had never gotten a ticket on my bike, then one day i got pulled and written for 6 mph over. Then a few weeks later in my car i got pulled and written for no front plate, window tint, no seat belt, exhaust, and poorly visible registration on my rear tag ( a small part of the year sticker had washed off). It can happen to any of us, nothing more you can do. All said and done almost $700 out my pocket. Oh well right, **** happens. (both by state patrol btw)

Old 12-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you live here in Ohio, get used to it.
Name:  po.gif
Views: 9
Size:  3.0 KB

Old 12-11-2008, 07:14 PM

You guys are making me sit up straight.[&:] I have avoided moving violations since 1992...but it could happen if somebody disagrees with my usual five-over the limit rule (...mph, not beverages...).

Old 12-11-2008, 07:23 PM

I once seenColumbus PD pull someone over for passing him while he was travelling55mph on 315 North thru OSU campus. Traffic was all backed up at 55mph and someone finally decided to pass ever so slowly. As soon as he got in front of the cop, thered and blues came on.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

It can happen Spirit. I bitched about mine a bit when it happened, just to vent though. But in reality i know i have done plenty of wrongs i have not gotten pulled for. I think in the end it evens out a little bit anyhow. Knowing what i do get away with at times, i went and paid the tickets, hell it could always be worse right? And if i do get popped for doing something stupid, you wont hear me bitch about it either.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:42 PM

Funny you mention the state boys, down here in cincyit seemed like there was one at every corner in the new charger.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Retired Moderator

it blows that you get insurance jacked up too, I*d rather just hand them the money straight up without a ticket if it was possible for these type *tint* *10 mph over*, etc.. type tickets.

I was listening to the radio today and the host made a funny comment; he said he was going about 90 in his 09 mercedes SL on I285 here in ATL (not that unusual here) and a cruiser passed him going the other direction. He said he just went ahead and pulled over to the shoulder immediately and waited. A few moments later the officer came up behind him and when approached the officer asked him why he was pulled over. He said "there aint no way no how you werent going to come after me and I didnt want to give you the satisfaction of a high speed chase" haha .. the officer let him go as he had a sense of humor.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't pay any tickets.. wtf its my bike/car, let me do what I want to do.. lol I wish I could!

I had been running a clean sheet for long time and normally the cops in my place have a soft spot for big bikes I guess.

Quick Reply: any L.E.O.'s in the house?